Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

I'D RATHER DIE WITH MY BALLS AND DIGNITY: The 2020 Indy Wrestling Compendium

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
RIP Havoc. His COD with Sami Callihan is the best singles COD ever, and he was a rare standout on the CZW roster.

Did cause of death get released yet?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Avid Warehouse Enthusiast said:
RIP Havoc. His COD with Sami Callihan is the best singles COD ever, and he was a rare standout on the CZW roster.

I haven't seen anything yet, and this might sound silly, but I wonder if broken heart had something to do with it. With his wife dying in April, and how much her death effected him, I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Big Beard Booty Daddy said:

I haven't seen anything yet, and this might sound silly, but I wonder if broken heart had something to do with it. With his wife dying in April, and how much her death effected him, I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with it.

You don’t hear about that as much in younger people but it does have an effect. Probably hits harder for someone who has gone through the damage like a wrestler.

I’m not familiar with him but have seen a lot of tweets from talent I do like mourning him.

Laz

Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
I’m not familiar with him but have seen a lot of tweets from talent I do like mourning him.
He was one of the best deathmatch wrestlers of the last 20 years. He could do the gruesome stuff without question but also worked his ass off and delivered with those audiences. By all accounts he was just a good man across the board.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
He was one of the best deathmatch wrestlers of the last 20 years. He could do the gruesome stuff without question but also worked his ass off and delivered with those audiences. By all accounts he was just a good man across the board.

From all accounts, besides being one of the best DM wrestlers, he was incredibly smart and one of the nicest people in the game. His plans for DMs where he laid out everything, drew pictures of all the weapons, and wrote the stories was next level.

Everyone from Matt Tremont, to Orin Veidt, to Lucky 13 (one of his best friends), and even Zack Sabre, Jr. were posting about his death and how great he was.

I'm going through the library of Chikara on IWTV, and I watched his debut against Arik Cannon the other day. Even then, while not technically very good at the time, he was going balls to the walls to entertain.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My exposure to him was entirely that The Wrestlers segment I posted on here about his retirement match but my brief impression of him is I was really impressed by his humility and how normal, regular dude he seemed like. Even on the lowest level indy shows in the opening matches, dudes walk around puffing their chest a little but he genuinely seemed like your average dude (except he liked getting light tubes broken against his head)

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Latest two episodes of IWTV Guide:

https://iwtvguide.podbean.com/e/week-4-black-label-pro-jar-of-flys/

This week your hosts JHawk (@PWCritique) and Charly Butters (@Charly_Butters) Discuss The Japanese promotion invasion of IWTV and review a Black Label Pro Show from 2018!

https://iwtvguide.podbean.com/e/week-5-freedoms-freedom-vallentain-2019/

This week your hosts JHawk (@PWCritique) and Charly Butters (@Charly_Butters) Get into the Deathmatch Ghoul Spirit (or Not) as they Watch a Freedoms Show from 2019! plus all the latest in IWTV News

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1270142802702282753
Everyone with IWTV should tune in and make this the most streamed show in IWTV history.

Hopefully that clip of Baby Ron Killings is included.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Since I couldn't post it on launch day, I'll post it a few days late.

IWTV Guide Episode 6

This week your hosts JHawk (@PWCritique) and Charly Butters (@Charly_Butters) Have a Special Guest! Justin Summers (@HeavyseT330) as they Discuss the first two episodes of the Chikara Action Arcade series plus all the latest in IWTV News!

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

They posted a show from the Ikkitousen (strong climb) tourny 2019, which is the annual tournament they do where one half of the bracket is the death match guys and one half is the Strong BJ (strong style/normal) guys. This show was all death match tournament matches although there's some other matches.

• Okami (Daichi Hashimoto and Hideyoshi Kamitani) vs Akira Hyodo and Takuya Nomura
  • Koju Takeda, Kota Sekifuda, Shinobu and Tatsuhiko Yoshino vs Fuminori Abe, Kazuki Hashimoto, Yuki Ishikawa and Yuya Aoki
  • Abdullah Kobayashi, Hideki Suzuki, Yoshihisa Uto vs Ryota Hama, Takuho Kato and Yasufumi Nakamoue
  • Kazumi Kikuta and Ryuichi Kawakami vs Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi)
  • Ikkitousen Death Match Survivor 2019 Block B, G-Shock Body And Gumba-chan Death Match: Kankuro Hoshino vs Takayuki Ueki
  • Ikkitousen Death Match Survivor 2019 Block A, TLC Death Match: Yuko Miyamoto vs Ryuichi Sekine
  • Ikkitousen Death Match Survivor 2019 Block B, Barbed Wire Board Death Match: Minoru Fujita vs Takumi Tsukamoto
  • Ikkitousen Death Match Survivor 2019 Block B, Fluorescent Light Tubes, Gadet Board and Alpha Death Match: Toshiyuki Sakuda vs Masashi Takeda
  • Ikkitousen Death Match Survivor 2019 Block A, Fluorescent Light Tubes and Glass Board Death Match: Ryuji Ito vs Isami Kodaka
Nothing really jumps out as much watch here although if you like deathmatches the Sakuda Vs Takeada match was good for that.

The Deathmatch title in 2020 is Ryuiji Ito.
The "World Strong Heavyweight Champion" Is Daichi Hashimoto (Shinya Hashimoto's son).
Sekimoto and Kohei Sato (longtime vet who worked a lot in Z1) are the tag champs.
Yuya Aoki is Junior Champ
Sekimoto Akira Hyodo and Takuho Kato are the 6-man Champs.

Guys in the company I personally think are worth keeping an eye on:
Sekimoto, Hashimoto (I don't think he's champion level but he's improved a lot), Yuji Okabayashi (Seki's eternal partner and rival), Ryoto Hama (my beloved FAT boy), Hideyoshi Kamitani and Kazumi Kikuta.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
GCW had a neo Nazi (Shlak) run over a dude with a car at their 4th of July show. Bah gawd. Even during quarantine, the indies try to outsleaze WWE.

Laz

Reaction score
I don't buy the "Shlak is a Nazi" thing, considering the frontman of Eat the Turnbuckle (Shlak's band) is Jewish. Those don't exactly work together.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Best case scenario is Shlak is a dummy who has taken photos with Nazis who won't fully denounce Nazism.

Reactions: Laz

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I don't buy the "Shlak is a Nazi" thing, considering the frontman of Eat the Turnbuckle (Shlak's band) is Jewish. Those don't exactly work together.

I know it could fall in the "I'm friends/family with black people" that racists always say, but he's also great friends with Homicide. I doubt someone like Homicide would let it fly if someone was a Nazi around him. He's also been vocal on Twitter about being very pro Black Lives Matter.

Laz

Reaction score
I know it could fall in the "I'm friends/family with black people" that racists always say, but he's also great friends with Homicide. I doubt someone like Homicide would let it fly if someone was a Nazi around him. He's also been vocal on Twitter about being very pro Black Lives Matter.
Exactly. I don't think a lot of people realize how much of a shitty edgelord he is versus certain people he used to associate with. You can tell who has and hasn't been part of the punk/metal scenes when they criticize his past because those fuckers are EVERYWHERE.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In any case, he's probably cost himself thousands of dollars (cause I know indies like Beyond and Limitless won't book him cause of the Nazi rumors) and ruined his reputation with SJW fans like myself with his dumb "I hate Nazis AND anti Nazis" non apology.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
so he's just a shitty edgelord vs a nazi? I mean I don't even know who this guy is really but that doesn't seem to make him a ton better.

Laz

Reaction score
Total edgelord. Nobody legitimately likes GG Allin unless they're an attention seeking douche. He loves him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
C946A078-B25E-448A-8DE1-7745EBEA9BB5.jpeg
If Shlak isn’t a racist then he is definitely a dumb shitty edge lord that has terrible judgment.

and don’t tell *me* it is supposed to be the S from the KISS logo.

Reactions: Laz

Laz

Reaction score
Yeah...dude is feeding into it at this point. I don't begrudge anybody for not giving him money, either directly or indirectly. This is really, really fucking stupid on his part.

Last edited: