Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Borat 2

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Been quite awhile since I watched the first one so don't know how it holds up. This look's a lot better than Cohen's more recent comedies though.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This looks like it'll be awful but I don't care. First one is a masterpiece and I have a lot of personal attachments to it, so I'm all in. Exactly the movie I need these days, no matter what.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just finished it. The Trudeau thing made me laugh pretty hard. All and all it was pretty good.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
They really doubled down on the anti-Semitic humor in this one. I found it on par with the first one (which I've rewatched since my initial post and thought it mostly held up). I thought the Giuliani prank was a bit overblown. The best part was him in the cabin with the two Trumpers.

Last edited:

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
This looks like it'll be awful but I don't care. First one is a masterpiece and I have a lot of personal attachments to it, so I'm all in. Exactly the movie I need these days, no matter what.
That's my take too. I loved the first, re-watched it often back in the day, etc. I guess I had kind of high expectations in this one, and thus I felt a bit "eh" about it, but there was some fun takes. The Guiliani thing was a bit eye opening, but more than anything just plain creepy.

I didn't feel like this was as groundbreaking as the first Borat, and also I thought this wasn't as strong in the point of prank punch (or exposure of ignorance and bias) than the Showtime series was that Cohen did a year or two ago, but I get it....it is indeed getting harder for Cohen to masquerade around in this persona or his others. So he constantly has to shift so he doesn't get caught and outed by the usual suspects.

The small digs in the commentary of things packed more of a punch than the pranks did in alot of cases.

Last edited: