Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW Year 2, Thread One

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Tony already confirmed on WOR the other day that Moxley vs Eddie is the main event. He said that the he believes the World Title should always go on last, with very few exceptions, Stadium Stampede being one of them.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Cool article in the NY Post about Eddie Kingston. Like I said, I wasn't thrilled that it was kind of a fast track to the title match, but I forgot about the Archer Covid deal, and this match will be much better than a Moxley-Archer match.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I think John and Eddie have done a pretty great job considering how hot-shotted this whole thing has been. But for someone who doesn't follow the indies, Kingston's just a pudgy dude working part-time as a manager who's lost two of his his three singles matches in the company so far. It's pretty terrible.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@cobainwasmurdered and @909 will get fired up though when Don Lemon shows up on Dynamite to cut a fiery promo on Cody!

And I will be excited when Hangman Page fills in for Don as host of CNN Tonight that evening to complete the crossover.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
This caught me off guard: apparently D'Von Dudley's twin sons are debuting for AEW tomorrow on Dark under the tag team name of TNT. I know they were training to be wrestlers but figured they'd go to WWE to be with their dad but I suppose they're not really hiring too many people at the moment, especially two green ass dudes.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It was inevitable that Shaq would get involved with AEW but working with Cody doesn't seem like a good fit. I would have given him another big dude to work and kept the match short (less than 10 minutes). But I suppose they can make something watchable using theatrics ala Big Show/Mayweather.

WWE dragged their feet on Shaq/Show and now AEW is taking advantage on whatever athleticism Shaq has left.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone like Shaq would need someone to pinball for him and make everything look good. Cody seems like a perfect fit in that aspect. I think putting another big guy with Shaq would uh make for a Giant Baba vs Raja Lion type situation which tbh is why I wanted to see Shaq vs Show. But AEW doesn't have a big spectacle giant they can use to face Shaq. Unless they realized my guy Khali got fucking swole and is ready to go.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I know most here won't like it, but I don't mind Cody-Shaq assuming they actually get Shaq to do the match. If booked properly it will put more eyes on the program, and I trust Cody to be able to lay out a match at this point.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's probably the best choice to have something resembling a good match with Shaq. They can do southern style shenanigans. A lot of the other AEW guys with the exception of Mox, Jericho, and a few others can't really adjust to not having a workrate match. Although the thought of nearly 50 year old Shaq trying to do a workrate epic makes me drool.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
of course it's Cody. The guy thinks he can run for Senate in 5 years in Georgia. He's going to be in every celebrity angle whether its a good fit or not.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I thought last night's show was really good, outside of the Cody segment. That was just awkward.

I really like the Bunkhouse match. It was so much better than it probably had any right to be. The main event was a really good match, and I'm very interested in where Eddie vs PAC goes. So many moving parts in that story to keep it interesting for a while.

I am beyond excited for Young Bucks vs Top Flight next week. Top Flight is one of the top teams on the indies, so it's exciting to see them getting a shot on Dynamite. They've been on Dark a couple times, and even have a win. I wouldn't be surprised to see them signed after next week. Angel and Air Wolf are so damn good, especially for being 19 and 21, respectfully.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Are they bringing in Shaq as a heel? That is how it seemed last night. It seems like people are going to want to cheer Shaq.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shaq always came off as the heel every time Shaq and Chuck really got into it on Inside. He would probably be excellent at it. Damn, the only times I've been interested in AEW this year were when Mike Tyson and Shaq were involved.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
If the big Diesel shows up with a truck full of Papa John's pizzas that will turn him face in a hurry!!!

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch. AEW only did 764K viewers coming off a ppv. Not good.

Politics and the pandemic are literally killing regular television. People always wanted higher turnout in elections well now everyone hardly gives a shit about anything else.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Smackdown just had one of their better numbers thanks to Sasha/Bayley. Raw has actually held up pretty well too. Even with the election drama I would consider that a fairly alarming number coming off a ppv.