Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2020: Things Are Boylen Over

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Washington won't be in the lotto with Westbrook and Beal, so I like the deal.
As a Celtics fan, I think Wiz are a lot scarier with Westbrook then John Wall. It bumps them up from perennial borderline playoff/low lottery team to 3-6 seed and I think Russ probably stands out more and has more of a chance in playoffs in a weaker conference. I still think he'll be out before the Conference Finals each year but in more competitive fashion!

Also is anyone else finding it hilarious that after a decade of "KD is going to go home one day and play for the Wiz" rumors that Westbrook is the one who ends up on the Wizards.

Staff member
Reaction score
Surprisingly the Lakers got AD to sign a four year deal with a player option in the fifth year. I thought he was just going to sign 1+1's. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave Schroder a big deal next year too. That means all those picks the Pels got are not gonna be good.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm genuinely at how upset Wizards fans are over Wall's departure. Good player, seems like a good guy but I don't get being crestfallen. It's not like he ever led them on a huge playoff run. Idgi!

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm genuinely at how upset Wizards fans are over Wall's departure. Good player, seems like a good guy but I don't get being crestfallen. It's not like he ever led them on a huge playoff run. Idgi!

I think a large part of it is because a lot of them have invested a lot of time in defending him at all costs even though he became a fat ass, got injured and missed two whole years. I actually can't believe the Rockets would make such a terrible trade.