Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Trump's Post Presidency Thread

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Excellent post, @RedJed and I completely agree.

Ftr, it's "coddling." "Caudling" is when you do color commentary with Gordon Solie or WCW-era Jim Ross.
LOL! Thanks for that, it wasn't coming up on my autocorrect so I was confused what I was saying wrong!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Erm, better late than never, I guess.

I almost want to say these last few days torch whatever minimal chance he had of winning back the White House in 2024 but I've been prematurely predicting his political demise since 2015 so Idfk.
He's from my state and, from what I've seen, Kinzinger has done stuff like this before. Where he'll go on a talk show and talk all this shit against Trump then when the cameras are off side with him and be a coward. He did the same thing during the Impeachment process. I'm glad there are some GOP lawmakers bringing it up, but we will see what happens if it goes further.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want to see Trump punished for his actions but after seeing him elephant stomp all over the Oval Office for the last four years, I wish I could share @RedJed 's optimism. I have no faith in anyone on the federal level but maybe someone in district or state level has the cojones to try and take him down.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If only there was some kind of group at the federal level, a particular kind of house for example, that could impeach him. Already. Like, over a year ago.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Sooooo.....Nancy n Chuck are pushing hard on Pence to invoke the 25th.....if he refuses, she says congress will impeach. My only question is that even if he does fully get impeached and even the Senate goes with it, can Trump still fight something here and refuse to leave until at least the 20th?

I think I read that if they try the 25th on him even, Trump still has some power to veto and contest it?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't Congress supposed to be on vacation for two weeks after yesterday? Idk if Nancy & Chuck will be able to call everyone back but hopefully. No one thought Republicans would be able to ram Amy Coney Barrett through as fast as they did so hopefully the Democrats can get some revenge (not that it seemed like ACB's nomination pained the Senate too much...)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The problem is too many of these cowards resigning lessens the chance of invoking the 25th amendment. They are running out of enough to have quorum. They should remove his dumb orange ass and then resign in recognition of the scum that they are to back that clown.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the quorum number just gets smaller proportionate to the number of cabinet seats filled by an ass.

Staff member
Reaction score
The 25th amendment has a few other sections that make it impossible.

One says that Trump merely has to send a letter to Congress saying he isn't disabled.

After that, the cabinet has to vote again.

After that, both houses of Congress have to vote at a 2/3 majority agreeing that the President is disabled and only then can they remove him entirely.

Almost everything in the Constitution is written so that it is impossible to get rid of an elected leader without killing them.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On the other hand, Trump doesn't know how to read or write.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I lied. There's a whiny Blue Jays fan that was always getting re-tweeted into my timeline that I muted, too, but that was 5 years ago.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Sad news. This is gone from Twitter forever now:

b39c13df513c5514aa2eae08e9e0f00c5c858502ebe1b30f531731085476ce9e_1.jpg

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I heard on GMA that Trump can actually be impeached after he's out of office so he would not be able to run for President again in the future.

Yes. Some people are whining that he shouldn't be impeached so close to the end but this is the reason why. He should receive nothing from this country after he leaves office. No title, no protection, no option to run again, just a stained legacy, his patheticness fossilized in the very rock of time.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His cult members think that Kelly, Barr, McConnell & Pence have all stabbed him in the back, so the Dems just need to impeach him again. They are too damned worried about how that will go over....news flash it doesn't matter. Like Snuff and HQ said, it needs to be done so he is done from all of the things that can protect him and he can benefit off of.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I heard on GMA that Trump can actually be impeached after he's out of office so he would not be able to run for President again in the future.

Apparently he would have to be tried twice. Once for impeachment blah blah and the 2nd to remove his ability to run for office again.

----

Twitter says Trump is now on Gab.com I tried going to the site and got a loading page that never went away.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trump's apparently giving Belichick a Medal of Freedom. That's... interesting.
Belichick getting a Presidential Medal of Freedom should be a great day for NEW ENGLAND MEN and YET...

Reactions: Laz