Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Biden Presidency Vol. 1

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Bernie memes are hilarious, but I saw that he was on some CBS morning show where he had to explain why he was wearing mittens and a coat when it's unbelievably cold outside. So like everything it becomes stupid when television news gets involved.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Bernie, Kurt Russell, and Bobby Orr.

I don't care that Orr is from Canada, he's Bobby fucking Orr. I mean, Bernie's from Brooklyn, so if he's in then Orr is in.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bernie was born in Brooklyn and went to college in Chicago. The NEW ENGLAND MAN HALL OF FAME is inclusive and is open not only to Native New Englanders but people who spent significant time in New England and/or brought significant amounts of joy to his fellow NEW ENGLAND MAN!

THE GOAT!

I think Jack Haley may have been a contender for the first class because he is so many children's first exposure to a NEW ENGLAND (tin) MAN!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Bernie was born in Brooklyn and went to college in Chicago. The NEW ENGLAND MAN HALL OF FAME is inclusive and is open not only to Native New Englanders but people who spent significant time in New England and/or brought significant amounts of joy to his fellow NEW ENGLAND MAN!

This means you need the ultimate homer as he now qualifies. Let in Tommy Heinsohn, you cowards.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tommy Heinsohn absolutely belongs in the first class. I feel regret and shame for not mentioning in my first post about the NEW ENGLAND MAN HALL OF FAME.

Although I should start a thread so I don't distract from the Biden Presidency.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sometimes (ie a lot of times), New England Men have garbage political view points. If we just had to induct based on acceptable political vies, well, Bernie would still get in first.

Reactions: Laz

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joe Mantegna is not eligible for NEW ENGLAND MAN HALL OF FAME but he would definitely be in first class of CHICAGO GUY HALL OF FAME.

Staff member
Reaction score
Judging from this press conference we have a president who believes in Keynesian economics and unapologetically wants to spend our way out of this rut. I am kinda shocked that he isn’t self moderating.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trump fired the head White House Usher and sent all the butlers home early on Wednesday so that's why Joe & Dr. Jill had to awkwardly linger around the front doors for a few minutes.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Gotta say I love the fact that Biden killed Keystone like he said he would. Puts the conservatives up here in power in Alberta on thin ice with the people on the fence (fuck, how does my province still have people on the fence), because they've now wasted 1.5 to 1.6 billion of taxpayers money to help build the pipeline. Even though everyone basically told them that when US Democrats get in power, they gonna kill it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Still need legislation to make some of these EOs into law, so that they can't just be repealed by EO, by the next Republican president.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finding out as an adult that there's money to be made in private prisons made me ill. Hope this EO gets up and going. Obviously there's a need for prisons but no citizen, private nor elected, should profit off of it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
To say nothing of the fact that running prisons for profit only incentivizes the people running the prisons to make sure that the prisons stay full. How many judges around the country do you reckon are getting payola from the owners of these prisons, to make sure that defendants are getting hit with maximum sentences? How many district attorneys? How many cops?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
To say nothing of the fact that running prisons for profit only incentivizes the people running the prisons to make sure that the prisons stay full. How many judges around the country do you reckon are getting payola from the owners of these prisons, to make sure that defendants are getting hit with maximum sentences? How many district attorneys? How many cops?
A metric fucking shitton. As in, this is THE reason we need full reform of our criminal justice system.