Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boxing Thread

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to be careful what I post in this thread now because I'm going to enter this industry when the pandemic is over. But the guy Diaz is fighting is the kind of guy you don't want to miss weight or have a lack of focus against.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't know about Jones' Russian citizenship until now. Thought it was a joke at first but he grovelled before Putin to get it. It's pathetic, especially considering what happened to him in the Olympics.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The folks who promoted the Tyson-Jones exhibition won the purse bid for Teofimo Lopez's mandatory title defense. They plan to make the Lopez fight a co-main event with a tba celebrity match.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was about as fair a fight as Bobby Ewing vs Tommy McKay in late season Dallas. Yildrim was so intimidated, just a punching bag out there. It was like some of Tyson's opponents in the late 80s. For Canelo to do that on effectively no rest is some Henry Robinson or Ray Robinson shit.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saunders is probably good enough to lose by a lopsided decision.

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like Pacquiao is going to fight Mikey Garcia. Hell of a fight even though Mikey kinda ruined his starpower by getting in there with Spence. Also sounds like it's gonna be a Middle East fight so both guys will cash a fat check. I'd be surprised if Mikey made enough money to cash out prior to this.

Staff member
Reaction score
This fight tomorrow is one of those where I'm glad I'm not a pro judge yet. Heavily biased in favor of Chocolatito.

Staff member
Reaction score
That was an all time level fight. Commentators were as biased as me though.

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonzalez won that fight, right? 117-111 for Estrada GTFO
I had it 115-113 for Gonzalez and there were like six or seven rounds I thought either guy could have won. I guess the one guy thought Estrada won all those rounds.