Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know that everyone has been waiting with baited breath on it, but I'll probably release the first "Double A ongoing FOTY list" of 2021 this week.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oliveira is a great redemption story and deserves all his flowers. He's shown growth over the years in spacing out his offensive bursts and has done a much better job on defense.

Having said that, Poirier boxes him up in a big way.,

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
He said he made the decision to quit on behalf of his family, the Register reported. His two sons recently made national news when they were sent home from school after arriving without required face masks.

“As of recent, the attacks against me have moved into involving my family,” Ortiz said.
“When my children’s safety becomes a matter, I’m a father and I’m going to protect my children.”
rip tito's political career

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I mean, I guess: it didn't seem like there were many "Well, obviously" takes, after the first two rounds. It did seem like there were more than a handful of "She's getting worked, by a trash can" and "She's learning the hard way that boxing and mma require two different skill sets" takes, though.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Compared to how most cross-over athletes in MMA do PFL gave her a pretty legit test from what I know. Elkin didn't have the best record but she had a big height/reach advantage and a brown belt in BJJ under Rafael Lovato Jr. who is a very respected grappler. I think for her next fight she gets a striker, they aren't going to risk her getting outworked on the ground or submitted this early on in her career.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
You're probably right, but they probably should. She needs the reps. The only money fight in that division is Shields/Harrison, and she's not close to being able to go against JudoBae right now.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Losing is bad enough, but you never want to be on the losing end of a fight that could fit in a Vine.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Had that main event delivered at all this would have been another crazy good UFC.

Paul Craig doing the Braveheart gimmick, then coming down looking like he was the Terminator compared to his opponent's snazzy entrance made me an instant fan. I picked him our little small dollar gambling we do to jazz up the fights despite him being the underdog. Then the tweets started to come on screen over how his opponent was going to be a future champ, was going to win in round one.....and then Craig tore his arm off! Good times.

Muhammed looked as bad as a guy fighting a zombie could. (All love and respect to Maia).

As Meltz said on Twitter: Diaz lost 24 of 25 mins and may have come out of it as a bigger star.

Last edited:

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good bordering on very good card on Saturday night. Three brutal KO finishes in a row, a FOTY candidate in Vera/Grant and a main even that would have gotten FOTN if not for the aforementioned Vera/Grant war.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good bordering on very good card on Saturday night. Three brutal KO finishes in a row, a FOTY candidate in Vera/Grant and a main even that would have gotten FOTN if not for the aforementioned Vera/Grant war.
I thought the main was okay at times but not really FOTN. I think it could have been as a three rounder but some of these mains suffer as five rounders.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Had Vera/Grant not happened I'm pretty confident they would have given it to Ige/Zombie. They should probably stop putting Dan Ige in main events now because he's 0-2 in them but he's got deep ties to Dominance MMA so I imagine that gets him a lot of rope.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Remember when Cormier faced off against him in May and everyone was on DC's side? Knowing what we know now about both dudes, definitely a role reversed moment.