Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Music comments that don't warrant a thread

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE RELEASED A NEW EP IN 2019 AND I JUST FOUND OUT?!?! 18 YEAR OLD LAZ IS ANNOYED!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Laz

Reaction score
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE RELEASED A NEW EP IN 2019 AND I JUST FOUND OUT?!?! 18 YEAR OLD LAZ IS ANNOYED!
It's pretty damn good. Probably the most accessible work they've released (which is 3 EPs and a single), very reminiscent of retro crossover like Iron Reagan and less spastic.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Songs that have a dark backstory...

Henley called paramedics to his home on November 21, 1980, where a 16-year-old girl was found naked and claiming she had overdosed on quaaludes and cocaine. She was arrested for prostitution, while a 15-year-old girl found in the house was arrested for being under the influence of drugs. Henley was arrested and subsequently charged for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He pled no contest, was fined $2,500 and put on two years' probation. The media attention from this incident was primary among the inspirations for the solo hit, "Dirty Laundry".

Laz

Reaction score
I was hoping that to be the backstory behind "Those Shoes"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The "Disco Sucks" Movement is one of the worst things to happen to music.

Also I never knew RUSH fans could be so hostile but I guess you can blame it more on Philadelphia than Rush.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That would be a jarring show for me, stylistically speaking. Blondie is the shit. How do you boo Debbie Harry?!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m referring more to the meatheads at Comiskey Park. The CBGBs crowd had more in common with the Studio 54 crowd than Steve Dahl's band of jackapes.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk how I didn't know that Questlove has a podcast where he mostly interviews '70s-'90s R&B stars (but occasionally stand ups and '90s rappers). If there was ever a non wrestling podcast catered exactly to me...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Yahoo.com: Dolly Parton used royalties to support a Black neighborhood

Bomani Jones has repeated said, across multiple platforms, that Martin Luther King, Jr. is the greatest human being that this country has ever produced. I'm not interested in engaging in a debate about whether or not he's right, but I will say that, if MLK is #1, Dolly Parton has to be 1A.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
one of the weird cable specialty channels is playing a big grunge video block of music today. I know what I'm watching.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Creedence Clearwater Revisited has announced their retirement
You probably: Wait. Didn't they break up almost 50 years ago?
No, you're thinking of Creedence Clearwater Revival. This is the band that the other living members of CCR who aren't John Fogerty formed with Elliot Easton from The Cars (!) and the 2nd lead singer for .38 Special in the mid-late '90s.

Between this and Eddie Money dying, I wonder what non-country acts will headline low level state fairs now. Hopefully, Elliot Easton lands on his feet somewhere.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I can verify those guys are assholes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did they tell you to scram when you asked them for their autograph at the state fair?

Fogerty seems like an asshole too but he was the most talented asshole.

IDK. I used to be like "WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO SEE THE OTHER TWO CCR GUYS THAT AREN'T JOHN FOGERTY PLAY CCR SONGS WITH ELLIOT EASTON!?" but I'm a lot less cynical these days. Those dudes have almost as much right to play CCR as John Fogerty and offer the CCR experience at much more reasonable price point. I don't begrudge them for wanting to make a living for the past quarter century. I think last week has taught me we got to keep classic rock alive in whatever capacity we can.

Also correction the guy who sang .38 Special's "Second Chance" is guy who replaced Mark Farner in Grand Funk Railroad not the guy who is the Fogerty stand in Creedence Clearwater Revisited. Sorry!

Valeyard

Reaction score
They were obnoxious. Just a lotta ego, the kind of guys who don't tip. I'd interacted with worse but they were just assholes. I'd at least hope Fogerty is nice in that "kiss my ass as much as humanly possible" way.