HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck! Completely unexpected. Damn...

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I saw something about how great Norm was on Twitter, I instantly felt sick and read after what happened. This one hurts more than most for me.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll be honest, over the years, I never really met many Norm fans in my day-to-day life. This forum here has always been the Norm shrine to me. This really breaks my heart.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was a little bummed he wasn’t a guest for one of Conan’s last shows, I guess this was the reason why.

This fucking sucks.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had read his son had been guiding Norm on how to learn to be more "woke" and understand the newer generation of comedy. He said he was trying to make an effort to understand current comedy

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Farley always felt inevitable, this was a left hook.
Yeah even a 9 year old who had infinitesimal experience with death and dying, when I saw Chris Farley's guest appearance on All That and trailers for Beverly Hills Ninja. I thought "Wow. I don't know how much longer he'll be around!"

One of my comedian buddies said it was obvious that Norm was sick for a while but Idk. NOW, knowing that his appearances in the public eye were intermittent, I guess you could guess that. I saw him live in 2012/13ish, which would have been in timeframe he was sick and he seemed fine. No better or worse than any other hard living fiftysomething.

Yeah he wasn't always in the public eye but how often do we see Ellen Cleghorne or Kevin Nealon? Doesn't necessarily mean they're dying. Hopefully not anyway. I don't think me and @Valeyard can take multiple SNL alum dying in short order.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Yeah even a 9 year old who had infinitesimal experience with death and dying, when I saw Chris Farley's guest appearance on All That and trailers for Beverly Hills Ninja. I thought "Wow. I don't know how much longer he'll be around!"

One of my comedian buddies said it was obvious that Norm was sick for a while but Idk. NOW, knowing that his appearances in the public eye were intermittent, I guess you could guess that. I saw him live in 2012/13ish, which would have been in timeframe he was sick and he seemed fine. No better or worse than any other hard living fiftysomething.

Yeah he wasn't always in the public eye but how often do we see Ellen Cleghorne or Kevin Nealon? Doesn't necessarily mean they're dying. Hopefully not anyway. I don't think me and @Valeyard can take multiple SNL alum dying in short order.

It's stupid and I get what you mean but Weekend Update anchors are different. Faces of the show. Like Charles Rocket seriously broke my heart. This is worse because Norm has been a consistent figure for so long. He was everywhere in my sphere of comedy at one time or another, but he'll always be the ultimate Update guy to me.

But for real how did Artie outlive him?

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
FUCK

This hits harder than normal as far as celebrity deaths are concerned. Legit one of the funniest people to ever live. RIP

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This hitting me a lot like Bowie for the exact same kind of reasons.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Him and Bowie were both similar and that they hid their illness and did great late career work while concealing it.

My best comedy buddy and me both concurred Norm seemed like one of those guys that was just going to be a great, wise old sage into his 80s but I guess twasn't to be.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I believe Norm's mother is still alive. Iirc, she was a teenager when he was born. Makes it even more gut wrenching

Reaction score
One of a kind. Not much more can be said that hasn’t been already, but he was one of my first memories of SNL. I can’t think of anyone else who made you laugh before they even say something or hit the punchline quite like Norm. He will be missed.