Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2022 Midterm Elections

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I don't know if anything says "Republicans are racist" quite like them convincing Herschel Walker to run for Senate. Like, they must think that we'll literally vote for anybody Black.

Dandy

Reaction score
I think Herschel has wanted to run for years. He is as dedicated to conservative dumb shit as he is crunches and push-ups.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
This isn't a shock, it was bandied about last year. Much like the question of what person could disappoint you in the Wrestling folder, finding out Herschel Walker was a reactionary kinda hit me hard.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't even think Herschel is a staunch, lifelong conservative. Biggest knock against him in these primaries are the fact that he doesn't have a ton of stated political beliefs at all. He's like his mentor President Agent Orange and just really really likes power and sees modern GOP as the easier vehicle to attain that.

Which isn't comforting at all. For some reason, some who fakes fascistic ideals seems worse to me than someone who genuinely believes it!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Stephen in Django Unchained would look at these two and think "Damn. That's a lot of self hatred."

As much as I joke about it, this California recall process is kind of scary and could set a bad precedent. It's crazy to think that even in states where Republican Party is small, they can wield their bully pulpit like this.

Also it's weird that Larry Elder is the best the CA Republican Party can offer but it also makes sense that Larry Elder is the best the CA Republican Party has to offer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Curious to hear @909 's (or any other Californian we have here's) thoughts on the recall election today.

I'm hearing a lot of "This is like 2016 all over again!!!" vibes from left Twitter but I mean...Larry Elder does not have Donald Trump's charisma/appeal and Gavin Newsom doesn't have Hilary's baggage. I could see it being closer than it should be but CA's not going to recall their governor for the 2nd time in 20 years. I don't think...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I saw somewhere that dude got booted, after they talked to him, and based on his responses. He probably did it, angling for screen time on OAN, where he'll successfully be able to paint himself as the victim; it's not like anyone watching that network knows or cares that electioneering is illegal.

Staff member
Reaction score
This is going to be a massive loss but this won't stop Elder's momentum in GOP land whatsoever. They don't think the election is fair anyway so why would that stop them?

All I can think about is when I saw this lady and her husband out there for months getting people to sign this stupid petition. One day I finally cracked and yelled at them in the intersection the whole time I was waiting for a green light. Dumbasses. These people need to be yelled at too. They live in a feedback loop where they don't think anyone who disagrees with them actually exists. They need a reality check.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I bet my leftist Twitter friends feel pretty dumb (again).

Gray Davis was once in a lifetime level fuckup and also Democrats were less dominant in CA in ‘03 than they are now. Kerry only beat Bush by 10 percent in ‘04. California was still almost a purple state in the mid ‘00s. I am assuming racist Tea Party trash followed by Trump assured that they won’t vote R in a statewide election for a long long time.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I bet my leftist Twitter friends feel pretty dumb (again).
You mean, Twitter doesn't accurately reflect what people are talking about, offline? The hell you say!

And, if I had to guess, based on the last five years, I'd say that zero of your leftist Twitter friends feel dumb, at all. They probably won't even acknowledge being wrong.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They will just continue to do what they do, with a side of being dismissive and mocking towards anyone else that might suggest they look a little deeper than their favorite 'perfect' politicians.

And with the modern trump GOP, Elder may have hurt his future chances by conceding that he lost.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, they got too distracted being mad at AOC for going to the Met Gala to pay much attention to the California recall.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Trump inserting himself into races despite pleas not to

"Trump picked Parnell over several other Republican candidates, including businessman Jeff Bartos, Trump's former ambassador to Denmark...

He (Trump) has now publicly supported his allies in a handful of key Senate races -- including backing former football star Herschel Walker in Georgia, Rep. Ted Budd in North Carolina, Rep. Mo Brooks in Alabama, and Kelly Tshibaka, who is taking on incumbent Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski in Alaska.

By stepping aggressively into primaries, Trump is ignoring the public pleas of Florida Sen. Rick Scott, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, to stay on the sidelines."

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised none of the Trump kids are running for that seat.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
zbE145_3.png:small
1635543385836.png
BRB. Gonna go to a white person Mexican restaurant to throw a margarita at the ex Governor's head.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Of the three, lime cause of the citrus content but tbh, I'd probably go with a spicy one if that's an option!