Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Coronavirus

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man...Idk. Once again, all of this conflicting messaging is v. annoying but that's how science works, I suppose. I'm still hoping I can get a Moderna on top of janky ass J&J at some point in the next 6 months or so.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man...Idk. Once again, all of this conflicting messaging is v. annoying but that's how science works, I suppose. I'm still hoping I can get a Moderna on top of janky ass J&J at some point in the next 6 months or so.
It was initially thought that we would need boosters because the vaccine's efficacy would be reduced over time. Apparently, some doctors have examined the evidence and determined that the antibodies last longer than initially suspected. Me -- as a healthy, relatively young adult (i.e., the "general public")-- may not need to take a booster until much later than 8 months. I'm just going to monitor the guidance and if it adds up that someone like me is recommended to receive a booster, I'll get one. I'm sure more evidence one way or the other will come out in the next two or three months as the healthy vaccinated population reaches the 8-month mark. As of now, I believe the elderly and those who are immuno-compromised, are still advised to take the booster.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tbf most articles on COVID numbers, at least on local levels, do breakdown how many people are in the ICU and how many people are on ventilators.

Counter counterpoint: Most people don't actually read the articles.

Staff member
Reaction score

76uI.gif

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Every unvaccinated person that causes that, and every other similar situation, should be charged with either attempted murder or murder., depending on what happens to the victims of their choices. Start holding people accountable and some of them might reconsider destroying other life because they worship internet memes and celebrity republicans.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean, a 12 year old with a ruptured appendix and a 5 day hospital stay? Let's stop making any excuses for republicans. Hold them accountable. I know it's confusing to not have any consequences for your actions until youre well into adulthood but it doesnt mean they shouldn't start facing those consequences.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
My Mama's priest definitely told his parish it was okay to get the shot. The (fake news) dead baby DNA stuff had the local Catholics scared off a bit.
Ma got her shot. My bro had Covid last year and did not get the shot and my other bro is a MAGA anti-mask kind of guy so since he's in his mid 50s and fat he's probably going down for the count someday unless the Pollock in him fights it off.

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
If you didn't get the shot apparently you can keep getting covid until it kills you. Takes six months to a year to get it again but there are countless people who say they have.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another unspoken issue heading into 2022, I feel like the GOP's horrible, doubled down response (or lack of response) to COVID-19 will drive out a lot of whatever centrists were still left after Trump.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Between people leaving that political party to join the human race, and so many trumpers dying, they're going to have a hard time next year even after all their gerrymandering to (actually) rig elections nationwide.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like my friend Jim Breuer, all sound like horrible sci-fi monster movies.

(proceeds to do animated impression of a sci-fi monster with wild gesticulations and sound effects)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can't wait to get called a bloody plonker by some British guy after I spill a soda on them at a big wrestling show next year.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yes. And medicine has improved far more than 3 fold in that time so that's not a particularly strong rationalization. Covid is also continuing/getting worse, which is at odds with the 1918 situation, and that is entirely by choice of action/inaction. We chose to come up with increasingly ridiculous excuses instead of learning valuable lessons from 1918.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I won't be happy if a "conservative" dies. If a far-right fuckhead dies then yeah fuck em. The number of just plain "conservatives' where you can say "oh sure we disagree but it's not that bad" are nearly nonexistent these days.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can understand the forgetfulness on this one. Donald Trump is the biggest bogeyman for the left (and everyone else but the worst of the worst) and how can we possibly remember the support he & his family was given when it happened almost a whole year ago?

Dandy

Reaction score
WV has the highest (at least with current or active cases). Still a ton of people here flat out refusing to do ANYTHING to prevent catching it. It’s unreal.