Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 5- Urban Blight

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
week-5-nfl-schedule.png

Good news for people who picked the under on whether or not Urban Meyer's latest NFL stint would last six games.

Tony Khan is about as bad at running an NFL team as he is at running a wrestling promotion. @Incandenza is probably pissed that he's spending too much time focusing on Dynamite and not enough on Northern Florida's top sports franchise.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Really hoping the Bills can get over the KC hump finally especially with the Chiefs being fairly meh so far (in my opinion).

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots should whip Houston this week. It's pretty clear that Urban had an uphill climb in Jacksonville when he called out DJ Chark? for playing little instead of big in the media.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm a casual at best football fan and even I knew Urban getting another shot in the NFL was a terrible idea from the get go.

I don't want to be overreacting New England sports fans but if Pats don't wallop (or at least beat) Houston this weekend then it's probably gonna be another rebuild year.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm a casual at best football fan and even I knew Urban getting another shot in the NFL was a terrible idea from the get go.

I don't want to be overreacting New England sports fans but if Pats don't wallop (or at least beat) Houston this weekend then it's probably gonna be another rebuild year.
This is his first (and definitely his last) job in the NFL.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bears acquired WR/KR Jakeem Grant from Miami for a 2023 6th Round Pick. Grant was almost traded to Carolina in the offseason before contract terms made the deal fall through.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even before this there were stories floating around that none of the players and none of his (handpicked!) coaching staff like him, so I'd be amazed if he lasts beyond one season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots are working to bring back Jamie Collins for his 3rd stint with them. I dunno why Collins even bothers signing elsewhere...

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agreed. If the Jags were 4-0 or 3-1 (or even 2-2), this wouldn't be a controversy at all and might even be celebrated in dunderhead circles.
But they aren't. This is just the latest of a series of bad decisions made by Meyer, many of them directly football related. I thought he was on thin ice even before this. He clearly never should have been hired in the first place. Probably the worst NFL head coaching hire since the Falcons hired Bobby Petrino.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Incidentally, I think Bobby Petrino is who I was confusing with with Urban Meyer for some reason. It's definitely not Steve Spurrier or Nick Saban!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots released Stephon Gilmore. I think it was pretty clear he wasn't coming back this year and a long-term contract was not going to be worked out. A little surprised he wasn't dealt but that could be due to Gilmore requesting the release himself or such case.

Cowboys also released LB Jaylon Smith in a bit of a surprise move. He had started weeks 2 & 3 but played just 40% of the snaps in week 4.

Lions signed C Ryan McCollum from the Texans' practice squad as they'll be without Taylor Lewan or Frank Ragnow for week 5.

Saints signed K Cody Parkey to replace the struggling Aldrick Rosas.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Russ Wilson is out probably 6-8 weeks in what could be the beginning of the end for him in Seattle if he demands a trade as expected in the off-season.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Yelp.

Ya hate to see it....
Looks like they'll likely roll with this kind of combination upfront: LT - Yodny Cajuste, LG - James Ferentz, C - David Andrews, RG - Yasir Durant, RT - Justin Herron. Not sure who exactly will fill in where (or if these 5 will actually be the starters) but they aren't hurt as much as I expected.

Ferentz has been a capable fill-in for years, 1st Round pick Will Sherman was called up and can play either Tackle spot, and both Ted Karras & Alex Redmond can also both fill in at Guard.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saints fan yelling at the TV over cheap shots on Taysom. I know what ammo every other NFL team fan can lob at me about 2009. Hush. Taysom is a sincerely wonderful human being and didn't need that head shot.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mason Crosby having himself a day.

2 missed fgs and a missed xp

And he misses another one!

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pats scraping out a win against incompetent Houston felt worse than barely losing to Tampa Bay. Still, a win is better than a loss. Onto Dallas.