Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nuts Redeemed: AEW in Fall 2021

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm all about the Bunny. Allie, not Brad.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want to be careful how I word this because honestly, I love the work Reigns is doing right now. He’s playing the role we all wanted him to play for years and he’s killing it. And as the face of the company, he is saying what he is supposed to say here, but maaaaan, talking this kind of shit and then having those ratings numbers is a TOUGH look.

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to be careful how I word this because honestly, I love the work Reigns is doing right now. He’s playing the role we all wanted him to play for years and he’s killing it. And as the face of the company, he is saying what he is supposed to say here, but maaaaan, talking this kind of shit and then having those ratings numbers is a TOUGH look.

He is keeping things hot for when he decides to go over there at the end of his career. Or maybe sooner.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is still super early and feel free to quote this in a week to make me look like a dumbass if it doesn’t come anywhere near happening...

BUT as of right now, if we get a Red Sox-Braves World Series, Dynamite next Wednesday would be happening at the same time as Game 2 in the same neighborhood as Fenway Park. Which seems like it could be logistical shitshow?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weirdly, Dynamite next Wednesday finally officially sold out today. Although it's been limited single seats for months (It was when I bought tickets like 2-3 months ago).

I'm glad I got an AirBNB that's a 20 minute walk from Agganis Arena regardless. Hopefully I don't get manhandled by some drunken college kids.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Red Sox have blown far far more inevitable series and I have a show night before that will inevitably get canceled (or be poorly attended and/or made up entirely of foreign exchange students) if the Red Sox are in the World Series so part of me is in the "I want the Astros to win so I can make $20 doing bar comedy" camp.

HEY! This isn't the MLB thread!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He is keeping things hot for when he decides to go over there at the end of his career. Or maybe sooner.

yeah, all of roman's interviews are done at least partly in character. He is always working his gimmick. The real Roman from everything people have said is one of the nicest humble guys in wrestling. He would around to watch 205 Live just to give them feedback on what they were doing according to Mike Bennett for example.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
4no8owfh7gu71.jpg

200w.gif

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I get this is a shitty twitter account used to provoke stuff. But, this is the 3rd time in around 3 months that Red Velvet has almost broke her neck. If AEW continues to let her in the ring it is negligence at this point.

Red Velvet should not be allowed to do suicide dives or spanish flies or anything like that at this point. The number 1 thing in wrestling beyond drawing or ratings or anything else is not hurting yourself or your opponent.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Agreed. I don't think it's necessarily the worst thing to have a green worker in the ring. But you MUST recognize their limitations. You can get everything else right but if someone gets paralyzed nothing else matters.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shirts are back up for sale now, without mentioning that "nonprofit." 20% going to charity and hopefully that will mean actual research hospitals, good organizations, etc.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brian Cage is replacing MJF on Jericho's Cruise. Would this mean he's gotten vaccinated?

also talk about a downgrade

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
So, the NHL on TNT is the gift that keeps on giving. Because they have to keep the stupid Wednesday night hockey thing going they're airing NHL games at 10 pm through the end of year. Because those games have to be live they are bumping Dynamite to 10 pm to Midnight (or whenever the game ends, so it could be much later) for the west coast and 11-1 am for Mountain.

So, basically AEW's ratings from Texas to the coast of California are going to be trash until the move in January.

WWE cucks online are going to have a field day the rest of this year.