Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sports Broadcasting/Anchors/Media Thread

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good ol' Skip Bayless may have topped himself by being dismissive of Dak Prescott's mental health issues. He's getting flambéed on social media, but will anything really happen to him?

Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

Staff member
Reaction score
Good ol' Skip Bayless may have topped himself by being dismissive of Dak Prescott's mental health issues. He's getting flambéed on social media, but will anything really happen to him?

Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

Apparently his contract is up at Fox next month, so yeah, they might just let his ass go.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pedro Gomez deserves to make it to the Pearly Gates for having to cover Barry Bonds in the mid '00s. To get to Heaven, you got to go through Hell.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bell is cutting costs across the board in their media division and they've just gutted TSN.

Last week they fired Dan O'Toole (and others), so now their big Sportscentre show is just an awkward Jay Onrait solo show.

Then this morning they just ended their radio stations in Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Hamilton without any warning, I guess in some cases in the middle of whatever show was on. There are still stations in Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa, but someone pointed out those are stations that have current radio broadcasting deals with their local teams (NHL and NBA), so who knows how long those will last.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And this is all a week or so after Bell pats themselves on the back with their mental health awareness social media blasts. And they got a big government COVID wage relief subsidy.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tuesday Night Titans really only works if you get old ass weird looking Vince back as host. And have Nigel McGuinness as sidekick/Lord Alfred role (unless they want to create a Lord Alfred hologram).

I don't want a TNT with a snarky ass Corey Graves.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
It's funny to me how riled up people still get over Skip Bayless. It's so obvious that most of his "hate" is for show at this point. It's just like when Shaq and Barkley get into those supposedly heated arguments on Inside.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I really hope this is just a ploy to drive up their TV rights elsewhere cause I think MLB airing on Barstool would just solidify them as the league for dunderheads. Every other league, at least on a surface level, is trying to make steps towards progress and MLB & College Football are making a play with the MAGA Youth.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score