Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

All Time Saturday Night Live Cast Draft-2020 Draft Completed!

Reaction score
Chris Elliot had one good SNL sketch which is one more than a few late round picks had. I was almost certain he would be picked but I guess this boar isn’t as fond of early alt comedy as I thought.

almost picked him to secure the father daughter duo

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel bad for not taking him. Get A Life still holds up, all his Letterman appearances are classics, and I feel if he came around 5 or 6 years later he would be in the Mr. Show/Stiller mid 90's alt comedy scene and would probably have a huge following.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I was so close to choosing Charles Rocket. The guy sucked but I've got this fascination with him. They wanted him to be Chevy so bad.

A LOT of season 11 was on my list just because I feel like they got set up to fail. Almost grabbed Gilbert, Gail Matthius, and Denny Dillon at various points. You can see in that show where Bill Murray carried them that they could work when they had to. They deserve a little better than the Malcolm McDowell show or Leather Weather.

Had Nancy Walls, Mr. Mike, Gary Kroeger, Casey Wilson, and Don Novello on the backup list. Feel kinda bad I didn't pick Kroeger. Father Guido Sarducci not getting picked is surprising.

Still crazy bitter about that Danitra Vance theft by that thief Kamala.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always liked Gary Kroeger too. I came close to picking Nancy Walls too. Thought she got kind of a raw deal.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Kroeger was so solid. Dude was very much a product of his time, but people like him or Mary Gross or Kazurinsky carried a lot more than history says. I have such a huge fondness for the Ebersol years if only because the once Eddie left, they had a good group more or less, but it was more of a troupe than it was seeing star power.

Nancy Walls was awesome. Another one who was both ten years too early or too late.

OG

OG
Reaction score
I had Michael O'Donoghue, Chris Elliot and Michael Che on my short list. Was a tossup with them and Myers for my last pick but I wanted a straight-laced dude to be in the background of sketches and not draw attention to himself. Generics have value that way. Plus, as much as I like Che on Weekend Update, him and Poehler would not have meshed at all.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Michael Che was on my shortlist as well. I almost picked him the last 3-4 rounds. He's better standup than he is Weekend Update anchor but I still think he's closer to the top than bottom in list of WU anchors. I think him being such an idiot on social media is what made me refrain from picking him.

OG

OG
Reaction score
My other hesitation with him is he adds very little to the rest of the show. He's a funny standup, a good writer and can do Weekend Update but is fairly useless in sketches.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see that hesitation but I feel like most Weekend Update anchors mostly just do WU ever since Norm bitched about having to do too many sketches on top of WU back in the mid-late '90s. Fallon and Amy Poehler are two exceptions.