Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

All Time Saturday Night Live Cast Draft-2020 Draft Completed!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was brief time where I thought he was the best performer on the show but he left in the middle of his peak to do a bad Arnold movie and a sitcom that got cancelled

556eb334e3137a1e4a0270ee43459dc0f9-09-killam-snl.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Taran Killam

I'm taking someone that screwed up on her first show but deserves a second chance

5e711604235c18088e3dd044

Jenny Slate

MUSICAL GUEST

Elvis-Costello-SNL-1977.png

Elvis Costello

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
My Danitra rage as well as chemical haziness says we should give everyone an extra pick because Trasher is fucking dumb.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Underrated performer from current cast and a solid impressionist that I think will blend in with my cast.
1596282822743.jpegMelissa Villasenor

musical guest is going to add a lot of soul and a touch of class to my show
1596282994871.jpegAretha Franklin

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Melissa is solid. I would have taken her (or one other pick) last time, but I just didn’t want three women from the same era.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I guess I can pick? He didn't pick his musical guest.

She had an alternative style for the era and played characters that lined up with that image that were hilarious.

Pamela Stephenson

no image or hype needed for my musical guest who is PRINCE

@The Valeyard

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
She is fucking scum and on a personal level maybe my host hated cast member, but it was a good run before...before.

140207_2723953_Weekend_Update_Segment___Term_Limitation_anvver_2.jpg

To make up for it, I'mma pick a musical act that can get tossed into sketches if needed.

image-asset.jpeg

Rolling fucking Stones.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
0BCADE0B-3E31-4BD4-BD95-DEA20D1C76CE.jpeg

Alex Moffat (left, not Mikey Day)

I had it between him, Beck, and a couple others guys who weren’t picked. He’s pretty solid. I think most of the current cast is now actually. Not much else to say. Pickings are slim, but I’m happy with this one.

01306414-8FA9-4C65-8C16-DE86D814A056.png
Musical guest
Simon and Garfunkel

Paul Simon had been a great contributor on the series. Can work him into sketches as well if I like.

I’ll talk about my almost picks when it’s all said and done.

@OG

Last edited:

OG

OG
Reaction score
So I'm a little surprised this guy is still on the board. Nonetheless, he can be used in a variety of ways and will co-anchor Weekend Update with Amy Poehler. Ladies and gentlemen, Seth Myers.

seth_meyersX390.jpg

Musical guest:

pettygrohl.png

Tom Petty with Dave Grohl

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
So I know he literally is only known for getting fired after saying "fuck" intentionally on the air but I want that kind of unpredictability on my show.

0*_psOG8O48o3Hg6cd.jpgCharles Rocket

And for musicla guest it's hard to go wrong with arguably the most popular country artist of all time, especially when you can use him in sketches.

Capture23141.JPG

Garth Brooks

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was surprised at how far Seth Meyers, Bobby Moynihan, and Taran Killam fell. I remember all three being popular enough and not hated. Seth Meyers isn't the most charismatic or entertaining person, but he was a decent enough Update anchor. If I knew he would last this long I wouldn't of jumped on a WU anchor so fast, because he's perfectly serviceable and fine at that spot.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Redd would've been better off in another era. He's really good on the rare glimpses they just let him be himself. I think his career highlight was screaming at Southern Mama for being a jackass backstage at JFL New Faces though.

I think Nirvana's eligible just cause I didn't say anything about musical guests not being eligible twice?. I'll post my final cast list and an outline for my show sometime in next few days!

Great draft everyone! (except Thrasher)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The biggest mistake I or anybody else made was not drafting Gilbert Gottfried.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Undrafted Castmembers:
George Coe
Michael O'Donoghue
Tom Davis
Peter Aykroyd
Jim Downey
Don Novello
Paul Shaffer
Alan Zweibel
Denny Dillon
Robin Duke
Gail Matthius
Gilbert Gottfried
Matthew Laurence
Yvonne Hudson
Ann Risley
Tony Rosato
Patrick Weathers
Christine Ebersole
Brad Hall
Gary Kroeger
Rich Hall
A Whitney Brown
Robert Downey Jr
Anthony Michael Hall
Terry Sweeney
Dan Vitale
Siobahn Fallon
Melanie Hutsell
Jay Mohr
Mark McKinney
Chris Elliot
Jim Breuer
David Koechner
Nancy Walls
Fred Wolf
Jerry Minor
Dean Edwards
Jeff Richards
Casey Wilson
Micaela Watkins
Paul Brittain
Tim Robinson
Colin Jost
John Milhiser (first one I legit haven't heard of. Have no memory of. Had to Google it to make sure it was person)
Brooks Whelan
Kyle Mooney
Sasheer Zamata
Michael Che
Pete Davidson
Jon Rudnitsky
Mikey Day
Heidi Gardner
Luke Null
Ego Nwodim
Chloe Fineman
Bowen Yang

Take that me and maybe only @The Valeyard would agree with. You could make a perfectly decent to good cast based on the unselected. Some great talent left on the board. David Koechner is one I always forget was on SNL and honestly am not sure why it didn't work out there.

It would be a white dude heavy cast but hey---that's SNL for most of its history.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk why but genuinely stunned that Jim Breuer didn't get drafted either. Yeah, he's moderately annoying but not go completely undrafted level of annoying IMO.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm to blame though. I picked multiple fake metalheads while leaving the genuine article metalhead undrafted. SORRY JIM BREUER!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like Breuer more than some of the new guys that got drafted. BUT OLD SCHOOL IS COOL AND NOSTALGIA FOREVER.

Out of that list Gilbert, David Koechner, Casey Wilson and Chris Elliot were the ones I came closest to picking. I didn't think Jenny Slate and Taran Killam would still be there. I probably should've picked Elliot as my weirdo instead of Randy Quaid now that I'm thinking about it. I've always found that guy really funny and it's lame that Cabin Boy is what he's most known for.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
These two picks might annoy the SNL purists that don't believe in short SNL runs. I'm taking two oddball guys that didn't fit in with SNL at all but are really unique and interesting as performers

y7okzJubsQOx.jpg

Damon Wayans

Randy Quaid

Fun fact. I think Damon was better than Carrey on In Living Color.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Heidi Gardner and Mark McKinney Were the remaining names on my list at the end. Half heartedly thought about Jay Mohr so he could do his shitty Walken against Walken.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
I did debate Paul Shaffer.

Honestly thought Breuer had been picked

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if he would mesh with anyone on my cast other than Stiller. Also poor Janeane's head would explode if she had Murray, Damon Wayans, Randy Quaid and RDJ to deal with. That's a lot of volatile coked up manly dudes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Elliot had one good SNL sketch which is one more than a few late round picks had. I was almost certain he would be picked but I guess this boar isn’t as fond of early alt comedy as I thought.