Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Psych and The Mentalist ending the same year too just feels right.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I actually enjoy "Mom" so I'm happy to see it being renewed. I could have sworn that I read that "The Mentalist" was ending anyway, had no idea that it still intended to go on.

Two and a Half men refuses to die. It's ridiculous. This will be like what, season 13? Not even Frasier lasted this long!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm happy for Elementary and The Millers. With Elementary getting a third season, it's almost a lock they'd get a fourth being so close to syndication. The Millers is a Greg Garcia show, and I like pretty much anything he does.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed Raising Hope since season 1. It has a n offbeat sense of humor. I'm not going to shed tears over it, but I'll miss it a bit.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
tekcop said:
I've really enjoyed Raising Hope since season 1. It has a n offbeat sense of humor. I'm not going to shed tears over it, but I'll miss it a bit.

Same here. Everyone was great on the show, it had some fun side characters and Maw Maw was just a fun character.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
America just continues to refuse to accept the awesome of Karl Urban.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
2GOLD said:

Almost Human is a pretty solid show. The cast really makes it better than it probably should be Urban has great chemistry with Michael Ealy.

Besides that, I watch The Neighbors (much better than it has any right to be. It works because everyone is in on the joke and doesn't take it seriously) and Dads. I didn't expect to like it, and it's a show I normally wouldn't care about, but once again, the cast is what makes it work.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Conspiracy_Victim said:
2GOLD said:

I was a fan of his all the way back when he was playing Cupid and Julius Ceasar on Hercules and Xena.

Ahh Hercules, great show, great show. Shame that Almost Human will end but Kevin Bacon's JIGSAW will continue. Course, I can't be too mad, it IS Kevin Bacon.

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reine Drop said:
I actually enjoy "Mom" so I'm happy to see being it renewed. I could have sworn that I read that "The Mentalist" was ending anyway, had no idea that it still intended to go on.

Two and a Half men refuses to die. It's ridiculous. This will be like what, season 13? Not even Frasier lasted this long!

They can't end it until Cryer is replaced.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
It seems even the cable and premium networks have the big 4 and CW beat in figuring out how many people actually view their TV shows.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
INDIA ECHO said:
It seems even the cable and premium networks have the big 4 and CW beat in figuring out how many people actually view their TV shows.
With a some exceptions ("The Good Wife", "Parks and Recreation", "Arrow" and a few others), one of the problems broadcast TV is having right now is that they can't get the overwhelming critical praise that a lot of cable and premium network shows have, nor do they seem to get as much attention from say, online entertainment sites. Sure, something like "NCIS" or "Modern Family" is popular, but you won't hear about it as much as say The Red Wedding or the Governor returning or this whole season of "True Detective". Those things feel like events, whilst something like "The Big Bang Theory" is just another show, no matter how big it's ratings are.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In most cases cable and premium shows are a lot less episode so they rightfully feel like events when they come back, and they are more likely to have higher quailty not stretching ideas out for twice as long. Fox seems to be starting to figure it out. NBC probably does have it right with Hannibal...but NBC is where everything goes to die so what are they going to do.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tea Party themed bps21 said:
In most cases cable and premium shows are a lot less episode so they rightfully feel like events when they come back, and they are more likely to have higher quailty not stretching ideas out for twice as long. Fox seems to be starting to figure it out. NBC probably does have it right with Hannibal...but NBC is where everything goes to die so what are they going to do.

Also, no reruns during the original run of the season. Nothing kills my interest faster than breaks between new episodes every few weeks.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Detective Ventriloquist said:
2GOLD said:

Almost Human is a pretty solid show. The cast really makes it better than it probably should be Urban has great chemistry with Michael Ealy.

I liked Almost Human too. I was looking forward to more stuff with John Laraquette since he's a long time favorite of mine and I think he'd add a lot to the show.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually catch Enlisted on Hulu, and it's enjoyable enough. I'd like to see it have life in a second season with it having such critical success. NBC just needs to go into scavenger mode, since they haven't had a successful sitcom since Community, and that's just a cult show that gets slaughtered by Big Bang every week. NBC should just keep an eye on the situation and grab Enlisted and maybe Trophy Wife to bring over and really, consider making them appointment viewing, where they will always run at a certain day and a certain time until the season is concluded.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
White Collar is one of my favorite shows to follow exclusively via commercials.