Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

And the Latest Cancelled Show Is...

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Here's a few more that got cancelled

FOX: Outmatched and Deputy

CBS: The Lincoln Lawyer (they announced 13 episodes and decided "nah"), Man With a Plan (somehow lasted 4 seasons), Carol's Second Act, Tommy, Broke and God Friended Me

NBC: I can't find anything yet, but they renewed "Good Girls" for a fourth season.

Netflix: Alexa and Katie, 13 Reasons Why (final season), V Wars, October Faction, Messiah, Soundtrack and AJ and the Queen. However, Adult Swim has picked up Tuca and Bertie for a second season after Netflix cancelled it.

Others:

-The Purge, Dare Me and Treadstone (USA)

-Project Blue Book and Knightfall (History)

-Tell Me a Story (CBS All Access)

-Flack, Florida Girls and Good Intentions (PopTV)

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I watched season 1 of The Purge expecting it to be bad. It was embarrassingly bad. By all accounts season 2 was better.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
ABC announced their schedule. They renewed nineteen shows but cancelled the following:

Schooled, Emergence, Single Parents, Bless this Mess and the reboot of Kids Say the Darndest Things.

Not surprised with Emergence. It started off somewhat interesting and had a good cast but the Sci-Fi aspect started getting convoluted and made the show fall apart much faster. Some of the issues was that the plot was way too fast paced as the show seemed to try cramming in 3 seasons worth of plot into like 9 episodes.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honest truth I didn't even realize .Man with a Plan was still on the air

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
strummer said:
Honest truth I didn't even realize .Man with a Plan was still on the air

You could have told me it ran 2 seasons or 7 seasons and I wouldn’t have questioned either one.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is Matthew Perry in that? Seems like he's been in a few shows that I never heard of then it suddenly has 5 seasons. The other Friends guy named Matt too.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was the LeBlanc show. I had to make sure this wasn’t the Kevin James show.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Hawk 34 said:
This was the LeBlanc show. I had to make sure this wasn’t the Kevin James show.

The Kevin James show got cancelled the year after they mysteriously killed the mom to bring back his King of Queens wife. I had randomly seen ads “Man with a Plan” was making its season premiere. Looks like it came back a little bit ago and they were burning a few episodes every week and still aired some new ones after announcing cancellation because nothing is on TV right now.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Cops is gone and LIVEPD is on the edge too partly due to this https://www.statesman.com/news/20200609/lsquolive-pdrsquo-says-video-of-in-custody-death-of-javier-ambler-has-been-destroyed

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure most local public access channels can produce a knock off version anyway.

Ours has off and on since the 1990s.

(not that I think it's quality entertainment, just saying the production cost is negligible and there's people that'll watch it)

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is wrapping up with the next season. This show was way better than it had any right to be.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Really sad to see it go but Netflix seems to like going 4-5 Seasons max and moving on so it's not too surprising. Does make me curious how long they'll try and ride the Strangers Things wave though.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Showtime axed Penny Dreadful City of Whatever after a season. Trailers didn’t do the series any favors. Just looked like something I’d never watch.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
If it had gone three seasons I could handle it but there was only TWO. ONLY TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised by that. The program was garbage but I thought it was popular enough among kids/tweens to maybe squeeze out one more season. I guess we'll be seeing Show show up on Raw soon.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Carlton-Slides-on-Floor.gif

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Adult Swim is in kind of a weird state right now. Mike Lazzo left (which was for the best), "Squidbillies" got cancelled because Unknown Hinson said a bunch of racist shit about BLM and called Dolly Parton a bimbo. "Tigtone" and "Ballmazstrz: 9009" (a wonderful spoof of anime from the "Superjail" guy) are the only newer-ish shows that I like. I think "Mike Tyson Mysteries" got cancelled because Mike got tired of doing it, and "Robot Chicken" is the only older show that's still around even though everyone hates it and only exists because Sony keeps giving them money.

Plus, the Anime block is now a newer version of Toonami (maybe someday, we'll get another season of "Pop Team Epic"), and "Family Guy" and "Bob's Burgers" are leaving soon because of Disney buying Fox.