Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bad Candy: The 2013 Remix

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So my boss gave me candy at work today because I don't know, it's the New Year or something. And it was a candy I hadn't seen before or hadn't seen in years and years called Sixlets.

08sixletssnacksize.jpg

It immediately brought to mind one of my favorite Czech threads at the old board.

Somehow, this candy had managed to combine the worst aspects of Reese's Pieces and Skittles and top it off, I had a weird film around my mouth for a solid fifteen minutes. Yuck!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
What are those ellipses trying to warn us about?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bonus anecodte: During my lunchbreak, I stopped in at the Rite Aid next to the call center for an iced tea and next to the counter, they had bags of Sixlets on sale for 80% off. Hrmph.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Red Baron's virulent hatred of Snickers stands out as one of his weirder character traits. Like Czech said in the original, it's the definition of a middle of the road candy.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
CIMG0955_original.JPG

Of all the things I miss about the wild Burmese, access to bizarre and questionable foodstuffs ranks near the top. Their energy drink...i'm still not quite right from, and these weirdass guava candies definitely had a narcotic edge to them as well. San Yu gave me a whole goddamn bag of em because I was the only white person crazy enough to eat their whackass confections, like the "cough drops" that looked and felt like dime-sized pieces of particle board, but tasted like garlic, chewing tobacco, spearmint, and peppercorns.

So anyway, I was eating these guava deals. They're a little bigger than a Lemonhead (another bad candy), sickly sweet with that certain asian weirdness that's impossible to pinpoint, and, whether it was psychosomatic or not, proved compulsive in their consumability.

I went through the whole bag- think something the size of a halloween candy bag of tootsie rolls- in a ten hour shift. Totally felt sick, and it's not like they were even that good. It was just something I kept eating without really questioning why.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Those nougat things wrapped in orange or black wax paper that are thrown out at every parade in recorded history can fuck right off.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe it's a regional thing. They're probably candied gravy in Canada.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I haven't had Sixlets since I was a child but I remember liking them.

The only candy I ever really loved was Malteasers. I ate them every other day probably when I lived in Australia but I only eat them about once a year now.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Well look at all you healthy eating skinny bitches in here. Fat kids know if you want free candy you learn to like black licorice and black jelly beans. And to a lesser extent banana Runts, but there are a lot more people who like those than black licorice and jelly beans.