Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Better Call Saul

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I feel like the way they’d kill Kim is at the end of the series where everything is going great between the two and she just has a random accident. The Jimmy goes full Saul.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was a tremendous and tense scene myself. I can't see Lalo or Kim making it to next season but who knows. Should be a great finale.

Dandy

Reaction score
I too though it was tense. I expected Kim to get capped even before she spoke up. Almost like Jules Winfield shooting the other guy while Bret tried to talk in Pulp Fiction.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I kept flashing back to Todd killing Andrea in front of Jessie in the moment. Hindsight, why would Saul be working for the cartel in Breaking Bad if they killed Kim in the backstory.

At least when they kill people off in both series it means something. It's not killing for the sake of gratuitous body counts. Even the ten people in two minutes in season 5 of BB was very plot relevant to how efficient the Uncles of Anarchy could be for Walt.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I was wrong on Lalo and Kim but still great stuff. Who knows how far Kim goes and Lalo should be even more terrifying next season (which will probably now be an even longer wait).

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaI8bR_rXWY

Always nice when they can reverse engineer a story and do it well.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jesus they are so good at doing this. I'm mailing this dude a list of "Breaking Bad universe" characters that need further spinoff stories tying everything together.

It did not resonate me immediately what the ending of the season meant (Kim), I did some reading and somewhere got a "talk to me like I'm 5" explanation and the little 40 watt bulb went off over my head.

Lalo scares me more than Tuco. Lalo is smart and brutal whereas Tuco is just brute force. I wouldn't want to anger either of them in real life, but Lalo definitely looks to be a more formidable villain.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still no Rhea Seehorn Emmy nomination.

Odenkirk got snubbed, too.

Best Drama nomination, but the only actor nominated was Giancarlo Esposito.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't watch every show on TV, but I can't imagine there's a better performance than the one she gives (male or female).

I could understand if it was a show that the Emmys ignored (like how Carrie Coon was never nominated for The Leftovers), but the show has been nominated for Best Drama every season its been on the air.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought the nominations were all over the map with some surprises (to me anyway). I wouldn't of thought of The Mandalorian as best drama material for example.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought the nominations were all over the map with some surprises (to me anyway). I wouldn't of thought of The Mandalorian as best drama material for example.

The Emmy's are mostly a pop culture award show anyways and they usually nominate whatever is hugely popular at the time. I'm reminded of Melissa McCarthy getting nominated for Mike And Molly right after Bridesmaids came out and them nominating Betty White for Hot In Cleveland at the height of the Betty White is a wacky horny old lady meme. They even nominated Barb from Stranger Things for Guest Actress. Alec Baldwin I think won for supporting Actor in a comedy series for his stupid Trump impression on SNL. So, something as huge as The Mandolorian which I thought was actually really great is gonna clean up at the Emmys.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh yeah I definitely understand that and I'm sure Mandalorian is good but I wouldn't have expected it over something like Big Little Lies. But not a bad thing for some new blood in these categories.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Emmy's are mostly a pop culture award show anyways and they usually nominate whatever is hugely popular at the time.
Obviously Rhea Seehorn didn't deserve a Best Actress nomination but Brad Pitt deserved a Best Guest Star nominee for his two minute not really that great cameo as Dr. Fauci on SNL at Home.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the the more ridiculous it is that Esposito is the only actor to get nominated. You could make an argument that he was the 4th or 5th best performance on the show, maybe even 6th. And he's really good.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Obviously Rhea Seehorn didn't deserve a Best Actress nomination but Brad Pitt deserved a Best Guest Star nominee for his two minute not really that great cameo as Dr. Fauci on SNL at Home.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

The Trump impression was good the first few times, but holy shit it got bad and lazy quick so I'm excited for Pitt's Fauci to win.

Last edited:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man it doesn't sound good. Cranston is asking for thoughts and prayers

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In all honesty he did not look or sound good when he was promoting "Nobody" a few months back. I think I made the comment he didn't sound right when he was on Conan's podcast. Ugghhh....