Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bill and Ted 3?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alex Winters and Keanu Reeves were in the Bill and Ted films and Freaked with Randy Quaid. Underrated comedy. Keanu was ORTIZ THE DOG BOY.
Oh and I'd go watch this if it ever happens. Got the first two on a combo pack DVD.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As with any other property you have to pick your poison here. If they don't make a sequel...it'll get a remake. EVERYthing gets a sequel or a remake now. If Dudley Moore was alive we would have had Arthur 3 instead of Russel Brand as Arthur. Scream 4 because if you don't make it...someone is just going to make Scream again.

sbofn

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really fucking hate Hollywood, but I really fucking love Bill and Ted, so my loyalties are divided here.

Rendclaw

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Its just a shame Keanu actually thought of himself as a serious actor shortly after Bill and Ted Go To Hell and refused to do a third movie when it would have made sense to do it, eighteen fucking years ago.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I like movies that revisit familiar locales and characters to let us know how they're doing. Rocky Balboa is great.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Rocky Balboa is great because Stallone is an underrated screenwriter and legitimately 100% understands the Rocky character and where he's coming from (once on top of the world, now just a featured attraction). A third Bill & Ted probably won't have them wondering if they're still contenders.

I do, however, demand that Municipal Waste show up at some point in this movie. They would likely do it for free, too.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Announcing a director is further than the movie has ever gotten before. And it's the guy who did Galaxy Quest and some other not-bad comedy stuff, so there's some hope yet. Hell, he's arguably got a better resume than the directors of either of the two old Bill & Ted movies; the guy who made Bogus Journey went on to do Garfield and is currently shooting Home Alone 5.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They need to hurry up and get it done. Alex Winters seems like one of those out of left field actors that croaks and you're like "Oh yeah him!"

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Saints_Fan_H said:
They need to hurry up and get it done. Alex Winters seems like one of those out of left field actors that croaks and you're like "Oh yeah him!"

If he dies, just use Anthony Michael Hall. Someone says he looks different and he says "new hat". Problem solved.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
nah it would be better if they just said he died in the movie and 'Bill Jr' is gonna take over the family business:

79ba2656274de679cf7181a33def9c44.jpg

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not the greatest trailer, but still hyped and I need an innocent silly movie like this at this point.

Alex Winters seems like he was frozen in 1991 and came back 29 years later because he's exactly the same. Keanu weirdly is the one that seems older and less energetic but I'm not gonna judge on a teaser.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Very disappointing trailer but still psyched for this

Alex Winter joins William Zabka in the "looks the same 30 years later" club

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't really glean much from the trailer (they showed like 4-5 scenes max that were like 10 seconds each) outside of the rough plot but I'm in. I expect better gags that will probably be featured in future trailers.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'll enjoy it because I love the first two. I'm interested in seeing how Samara Weaving works in a straight comedy, too.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to love this regardless. Bogus Journey was one of the first films I truly loved so I'm expecting nothing but fan service. I wonder if they'll address George Carlin.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got my ticket for tomorrow night at the drive in. Can't wait.

To answer @Epic For the Summer 's two and a half month old, Kristen Schaal is playing Rufus' daughter in the movie and they're going to use archival footage of Carlin from first two somewhere in this.