Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boardloaf, The Real TSM Style.

Mazto

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bacon is the Anna Nicole Smith of foods—hedonistic, superficial, and willfully ignorant. Arterial self-destruction wrapped around a shrill, desperate vacuum. Bacon is your pair of yellow H2s slouching beside your 7,000 sq ft McMansion, all of it mere minutes from being repossessed by the bank.

Cilantro is Natalie Portman, Lily Allen, and Zooey Deschanel all rolled into one: responsible yet stylish, challenging and charming, intelligent without being pedantic. Recession-friendly in every way. Cilantro will make your modest meal a sensation before it goes out into the cooling dusk and mends your dilapidated gate with bailing wire and elbow grease.

It IS awesome.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's a lot of words I would not use to describe Lily Allen.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since Byron linked me to Boner Party last night, I've been exploring the world of Tumblr like I've discovered a new continent.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I call shenanigans on a site called "Boner Party" that features Maggie Gyllenhaal on the front page.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Been a year since I've had beef jerky. I missed it so.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1244674485-1donuts.jpg

Yeah, those are donuts from Portland institution Voodoo Doughnut. I guess this is what they do on a slow night.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also, because I hadn't posted other Voodoo Doughnut awesomeness yet on this board, here's a sampling of their other options:
bacon_maple_bar.jpg

BACON MAPLE BAR. Anthony Bourdain's apparently favorite thing about Portland, from the No Reservations episode.
captain_crunch.jpg

Captain Crunch donut. They also do Fruit Loops and other sorts of sugary Sunday cereals on donuts, including this one:
old_dirty_bastard.jpg

Which has chocolate rice krispies and peanut butter on top (it's called the Old Dirty Bastard).

Why, a couple of their donuts even appeal to TSM posters! Here's one for EHME:
cock_balls.jpg

and one for Byron:
dirty_snowballs.jpg

That's the "dirty snowball" (actually a chocolate cake doughnut covered with pink marshmallow glaze and "surprise filling")

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
What the fuck, they hold weddings at Voodoo Doughnut? That's a whole bunch of fail for one day.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
On my way home from Greenwood just now, I stopped at Huck's on US 67 in Fortville, and they had IBC Root Beer from the fountain. Excellent. They also had maybe the cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen at a gas station.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
This made me laugh:

On May 21, 2009 Judge Morrison England, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California dismissed a complaint filed by a woman who said she had purchased "Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries" because she believed "crunchberries" were real fruit. The plaintiff, Janine Sugawara, alleged that after four years of purchasing the product she had only recently discovered to her dismay that said "berries" were in fact simply brightly-colored cereal balls. The judge commented "In this case,... it is simply impossible for Plaintiff to file an amended complaint stating a claim based upon these facts. The survival of the instant claim would require this Court to ignore all concepts of personal responsibility and common sense. The Court has no intention of allowing that to happen."

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I went to a place called King Gyro's the other day, and got a Pizza Puff, which is basically a deep-fried Hot Pocket. It was pretty awesome.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Were you up here? Three of those in Ft. Wayne. The grilled chicken is first-class. The actual Gyros...second class.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Didn't know that! I went down to Mounds a few weekends ago. Don't you guys have a place with a peanut butter burger? Or did I dream that?

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who knew that pita bread did well as a pizza dough substitute in a pinch? Flatbread topped with bruscetta mix, mozz and pepperoni....yum.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Agent of Oblivion said:
Didn't know that! I went down to Mounds a few weekends ago. Don't you guys have a place with a peanut BUTTer burger? Or did I dream that?

Yes, it's called Madewell's. It's an ice cream shop on Columbus Ave.

One of the Gyros is right down the road from Mounds, just go a couple more lights. It's next to Taco Bell.

M

Matt Young

So many flavors... Orange Diet Coke? I need to check out my local Jack in the Box restaurants.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
So, I went to the state fair tonight. As I was leaving, I stopped to get a refill in my souvenir cup. So the girl takes it, and proceeds to scoop my used cup into the ice. I told her "you know what, I changed my mind" and took my cup back and left. So, from now on, it'll be the $2 pop machines at the state fair.