Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Chips: Your favorite brand/flavor ever?

dx1997

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We've seen enough Chips come and go in our lifetimes.

So what was your favorite brand/flavour?

For me, I've been through a lot, but in the end, Doritos Cool Ranch, just takes the cake.

Honorable mention for Lays Dill Pickle and Miss Vickies various flavours.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Lay's Salt and Vinegar or those ripple Cheese and Sour Cream.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
misc-020.jpg

I'm eating a bag of these right now. They're outstanding.

Bored

Boreding Hard
Reaction score
It's all about Sun Chips' Garden Salsa. Their Peppercorn Ranch chips are pretty damn good as well.

bigolsmitty

stares Trick Daddily
Reaction score
I agree on those Sun Chips Peppercorn Ranch. The Garden Salsa are also like crack. In fact, all the Sun Chips flavors are pretty fucking awesome.

Doritos: there was an old flavor called Black Pepper Jack that was awesome. Also like Fiery Habanero.

Cape Cod: the salt and pepper ones and the cheddar and sour cream ones.

Kettle brand: the krinkle cut--salt and pepper and some sour cream and chive or something like that

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
I do love Kettle Brand S&V and also Miss Vickies S&V.

My favourite would have to be Ruffles, Sour Cream and Bacon.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Original pringles and cheese'um pringles. For bag chips I'm a big fan of Fritos. Just the plain ones, not the chili cheese kind.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty Cheese 'n' Onion and the Cape Cod Cheddar and Jalapeno chips.

Munchos are one of my favorite snacks when I'm stoned. I guess that was the intention? Salt and Vinegar Pringles are another favorite

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jays-Krunchers-J.jpg

Just look at the bag art, or lack thereof. Nothing fancy to grab your attention, no no. This is a snacker's snack. They'll stink up the premises for days, too. The best, though.

spicy-sweet-chili-doritos-review.jpg

The best Doritos flavor ever created. Thoroughly addictive. I killed like an entire bag of these when the Bears beat the Saints, and so there's a supplemental positive connection in addition to them just tasting really awesome.

What's with all you wads eating vinegar chips? Why don't you just rake your tongue across a cheese grater and minimize your sodium intake?

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Ass Thom Yorke said:
spicy-sweet-chili-doritos-review.jpg

The best Doritos flavor ever created.

YES!

edit: I've never had the jalapeno Krunchers, but I totally lurve the Mesquite BBQ variety.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ass Thom Yorke said:
What's with all you wads eating vinegar chips? Why don't you just rake your tongue across a cheese grater and minimize your sodium intake?
Take your lack of bag art lovin' ass back to where you came from. Your salt & vinegar chip hate is NOT WELCOME HERE.

It's an incredible simple, yet slightly tangy and appealing flavor. And the salt is what makes a potato chip worthwhile- I hate sweet chips (though I do like jalapeno puffs on occasion) and they have no place in the potato chip world. The salt is what makes chip go excellent with any kind of frosty beverage since it makes you thirsty.

I bet you've never even tried them. Wuss.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I just like regular Lays and Ruffles. Nothing wrong with some plain ol' greasy fattening potato chips without the bells and whistles. What are you guys, French?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anybody ever had Archer Farms brand chips? The only place I've ever seen them sold is Target, but damned if they don't have some tasty flavors. Their Buffalo Wing chips are maybe my favorite chips ever.

Runners up: Any flavor of Doritos except cheese and salad dressing flavors (Sweet Chili: yes please), Baked Lays cheddar and sour cream

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vitamin X said:
Take your lack of bag art lovin' ass back to where you came from. Your salt & vinegar chip hate is NOT WELCOME HERE.

I bet you've never even tried them. Wuss.
Post/avatar combo.

Meat Load said:
I just like regular Lays and Ruffles. Nothing wrong with some plain ol' greasy fattening potato chips without the bells and whistles. What are you guys, French?
I speak French, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I ask for more from my chips than just pure unadulterated salt. There's gotta be an angle, man.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I'm a fat fuck, so what I like to do is get a bas of Sun Chips Gardewn Salsa and a bag of Sun Chips Harvest Chedder and then I eat em about half down both then I dump one bag into the other, shake it up and let it sit there for about 3 days. Then I chow fucking down. It's like an orgasm for food that day.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anybody else think "plain" brands of chips have been rendered irrelevant now that we have newer, better flavors out? I'm talking regular Doritos, Fritos, plain Lays and Ruffles potato chips; hardly anybody I know buys those flavors anymore.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Not me. Regular Doritos, Fritos, Lays, and Ruffles are the only kind I buy of those chips, except for Lays and Ruffles I'll by bbq ones sometimes. But I'm down with the plain chips.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
Not me. Regular Doritos, Fritos, Lays, and Ruffles are the only kind I buy of those chips, except for Lays and Ruffles I'll by bbq ones sometimes. But I'm down with the plain chips.
I don't know, I guess I just find those to be exceptionally salty.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Meat Load said:
Better than being an American with no taste other than grease and sodium. At least replace the grease with something that tastes a little better!

I absolutely loathe Lays chips. I think the only time I've eaten those are when I was high and I went to like Subway or something.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Lay's Honey BBQ, but I haven't been able to find them in the local stores in a while. I actually saw them when I was out of town recently though, so I don't know what the deal is.