Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Cobra Kai

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I pray to god for a season three. I agree I think only one or two more seasons before they should finish this as the premise would start wearing thin.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I just love that split second touch in the final episode
where Miguel shows mercy, reflecting the teachings of Daniel and Sam, who he still loves and Robbie showing no mercy, the (original) teachings of his father

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Epic by Faith No More said:
I just love that split second touch in the final episode
where Miguel shows Mercy, reflecting the teachings of Daniel and Sam, who he still loves and Robbie showing no mercy, the (original) teachings of his father

yeah that is the type of stuff this show does great.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
YouTube just announced Cobra Kai will be free to view for a limited time (it'll only have ads) so if you've never forked over the cash to watch it on YouTube Red, now's your chance.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Epic by Faith No More said:
YouTube just announced Cobra Kai will be free to view for a limited time (it'll only have ads) so if you've never forked over the cash to watch it on YouTube Red, now's your chance.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't watched either seasons because of that.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_zDjI-xwpE

Season 1 is now streaming for free.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just finished my 2nd go through of S1 and my first go through of S2. So well done. The character development, even for teenagers making bad teenager decisions, was so well done. I think that's been the brightest of bright spots, with the plot #2 brightest spot. Pretty much all of the mains and seconds are layered really well. Top notch.

Reactions: Laz

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Really loving this. Just finished up Season 1 and it's a credibility to the creators that neither Johnny nor Daniel are necessarily right/wrong in what they are doing giving them great dimension character wise. That's next to creating a really good overall cast of characters who all interplay with one another just right without it being too sappy or unbelievable.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Season 2. Episode 3. At the burger place. The feels.

Laz

Reaction score
Finished S2 last night. The words "HOLY FUCKING SHIT" do not do the last two episodes proper justice, but do come close.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished S2 last night. The words "HOLY FUCKING SHIT" do not do the last two episodes proper justice, but do come close.

Indeed. Finished up S2 a few days ago and god damn the party right into the massive brawl was so worth it. I really liked that they leaned into the 'rival gang' aspect of both dojos + Mary Mouser/Peyton List have electric chemistry together so their intense feud immediately surpassed anything else on the show and I'm glad they got the proper focus there rather than being shoved into the background for the Robby/Miguel feud. It's a credit to both actresses that their hatred of one another was smoldering and could be felt through the screen in a way I never really got from Robby/Miguel or even as intensely from Daniel/Johnny.

Big props to Jacob Bertrand (Hawk) really standing out in Season 2 and being a credible bully figure. With that said, I really hate Demetri's character. I get the point behind his character in relation to everything going on but he's such a whiner/instigator that I think he's as bad as guys like Hawk and even
Kreese
in his own ways.

Laz

Reaction score
Aye, the Sam/Tory feud was a major highlight, and both talents deserve more work in both dramas AND action scenarios for how well they delivered.

One thing I loved was
how close Johnny came multiple times throughout the season to "growing up." He saw the value of mercy and taught it only for Kreese to fuck it all up. He was getting on well with the random woman at the bar before he overheard Graham talking trash about Carmen and needed to go play badass. His trip with the rest of the OG Cobra Kai pals was simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking and, I can't lie, made me go back through some photos and remember all the people who aren't around anymore.

He even had a fun dinner with Danny! Two sworn enemies realizing how pointless their feud is and breaking bread...only to have it ruined the next morning because of outside forces (Robby and Sam). All just to break him down that much more after Miguel and, then, Kreese's power play.

Season 3 can't get here soon enough.

• Love
Reactions: SFH

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know what's worse, Demetri, or the fact that Demetri reminds me of myself at that age. The move to Netflix has a lot of people talking about this show, finally. I've been looking around at the local offerings to reignite my love for the discipline that was taken from me for medical when I was a kid, but then I realized I'd wind up being adult Demetri when I meet the sensei. "Look, I can't get hit in the chest, my shoulder is trash, my cardio is garbage..."

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Peyton List seems to have made the transition from Disney kid actor to "serious" work quite well. Hasn't been the case for most in that category over the last decade or so.

Well other than Zendaya