Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Re: TV/Movie Sales and Deals Thread

$9.99 price live with Best Buy and Amazon now.

Wolverine for $12 isn't matched from Target yet but there is a Target $3 coupon for it. Gonna swing by there on my way to the Suns game tonight to see if I can find the Target edition with some bonus extras for $9.

Anyone interested, the coupon is on the app Shopkick, which gets you points for going in stores that you can use to get giftcards and stuff. You can sign up (with bonus points for the referral) on your phone at http://get.shopkick.com/hexagon18512

MarvinisaLunatic

@Droford
Reaction score

I don't know if its still free Since it doesn't show the price for me anymore, but Elf was free to download on Google play. I used 400mb of my bandwidth to download it. Sucks its not HD ($5) but I can't tell much difference on my tablet.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Closing Blockbusters are down to $3.99 for their used Blu-rays now. I stopped in the one that is down the street from me and picked up The Bling Ring and The Master for about $8 and change. Figured $4 a piece was worth a shot. Nothing too great looking left but I think there are supposed to be two more price drops.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

My Blockbusters are staying open. WTF Alaska?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

There are about 50 stores left that are individually owned and don't have to close with the rest of them.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Took today off of work and was running errands when I saw Blockbuster had another markdown. 18 Blu-rays for $38.31

Sunshine
Last Station
Killer Joe
Silent House
Thunderball
THUNDERSTRUCK
Chloe
An Education
Promised Land
A Single Man
Closer
Three Muskateers (the new steampunk one I figured I could check out for $2)
The Illusionist
So Undercover (Miley FTW)
Conan (new one)
Hyde Park on the Hudson
Nine
The Roommate (all-time classic)

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Picked up the first season of Hannibal on Blu ray today for $14.99 at Target.

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So, going through my second liquidation at Blockbuster (where I work) and today was the first .99 cent day. And I just went crazy. Finally bought all the movies I had stashed. So if you visited a BB and a lot of the 'good stuff was gone'...employees likely had something to do with it. But, ridiculous haul for me. So yea! Lol. Losing a job, good movies for cheap is the least they could do.

Iron Man 3
Django Unchained
Hangover 3
Pain & Gain
Pacific Rim
A Knight's Tale
This is the End
Gatsby
Silver Linings Playbook
Oz
Forrest Gump
Spring Breakers
Scream 4
Boondock Saints II
Stuck in Love
Jennifer's Body
Admission
Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Killers
Last House on the Left
The Eye
Perfect Stranger
Weeds Season 3
Year One
Going the Distance
You Got Served: Beat the World (That's right!)
Risky Business
Norbit

All on Blu-ray! For .99. You can probably tell where the list changes from stuff I reserved to stuff that was left that I thought hmm, sure I'll pick that up for a dollar lol. But if you still have any around you, they all close Sunday! So check them out, there still may be plenty of stuff. Some of them still have games, and they're now 80% off.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Went to the one Blockbuster still open in town, and the store was pretty cleaned out. I managed to find 8 blu rays worth a dollar though.

The Final Destination
Paranormal Activity
Killer Joe
Margin Call
Jeff Who Lives at Home
Lakeview Terrace
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Splice

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

When I was in there on $1.99 day, I had seen Jeff Who Lives at Home and Invention of Lying, which I wanted to pick up but wasn't sure if I had or not. I've always had a bad habit of picking up a ton of movies on sales, so I couldn't remember if I had those.

I went back today because I was too tired to go on the price drop last night. Sad to see the games were wiped out, found Jeff Who Lives at Home but Invention of Lying was gone. Got the following for $11.46:

Blu-ray
Red Lights
Please Give
Your Sister's Sister
My Soul to Take
Jeff Who Lives at Home
Intruders
Micmacs
Night of the Demons

DVD
FreakDance (Upright Citizens Brigade dance movie)
Virginity Hit
Liberal Arts

Not a lot I was actively seeking but figured a buck a pop is cheaper than renting.

Robert

Robert
Reaction score

http://www.nomorerack.com/daily_deals/view/815615-bond_50_complete_23_film_collection_on_blu_ray_with_bonus_disc

40 bucks.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DJYJRHG?qid=1391558960&sr=8-1

The Shield complete series. $30.99. If you don't already own this then you'd be a cunt to pass this deal up. Less than $5 a season.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

DVD Planet has a Valentine's Day sale through 2/17. Playing For Keeps, To Rome With Love, and Hope Springs are all $15.35. Before Midnight and All You Need Is Love are $19.75.

Lots of good stuff as well on their Award Winners Sale - It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is $27.95. Amour is $20.36. Calvalcade is $14.54. How the West Was Won is $18.42 and The Green Mile Digibook is $17.99. Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained are $27.92.

Finally they have an Adult Swim Sale through 2/12.

Barnes and Noble
They have the Planet Earth: Complete Series Blu-Ray for $55.99 (30% off).

Amazon
Pinky & The Brain Volume 1-3 purchased separately = $61.53 (vs. $89.82 in the set together)

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm almost positive It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is in the new $5 blu ray boxes @ Wal-Mart. (Along with Robin Hood Men in Tights, and Rocky Horror which I actually did buy.)

Also just checked and Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained are $18 blu @ Best Buy. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them at $10/$15 in future sales there. Not sure if $30 for a single movie is really a good deal.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3856013

Ok. When I said The Shield: the complete series was a steal a couple weeks back at $31, I meant it. But now at $25 it would be irresponsible for you to pass it up now.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

For those contemplating Frozen tomorrow, most stores will have the combo pack for $19.99.

Toys R Us will have that price but should have pre-order cards for The Pirate Fairy, which I think is one of their straight to video Tinkerbell/Fairy releases. Now, even if you don't care about getting that film, a $1 deposit toward that will get you $10 off a Blu-ray on purchase, meaning for $10.99 you get Frozen and a dollar toward that.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

That Toys R Us/Disney deal also works for Saving Mr. Banks.

Mr. Banks is $22.99, get the discount with pre-order and use the $5 manufacturer coupon: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/mobile/promotions/special-offers/bankscoupon?int_cmp=DMR|HERO|COUP|Bankscoupon

Get that on release for $8.99

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Little House On the Prairie Season 1 is on sale at Amazon for $18.96!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Currently $73.99: http://www.amazon.com/Rodgers-Hammerstein-Collection-Exclusive-Blu-ray/dp/B00IZIGFNU/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1396123364&sr=1-2 The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection Blu-ray: State Fair / Oklahoma! / The King and I / Carousel / South Pacific / The Sound of Music

Amazon Only