Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies - Updated 18-11-18

Baby Shoes said:
Lots of 4K deals- ordered my player yesterday, hoping to get the TV within thre next week or two.

Make sure to calibrate the TV :) I just use my Disney WOW Blu-Ray Disc. Biggest thing I found with 4K were clearer details, audio quality boost, and deeper blacks. If your TV has the HDR feature, you'll also notice a bigger pop in colors (though some films actually 'drab' the color down a bit for the 4K so be aware of that).

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Re: Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies - Updated 18-11-23 (Black Friday)

In relation to your earlier comments, thanks for the tips, Harley. Got set up the other day, cable company coming this morning to update their service.

Bought way too much stuff on these sales. My $9 4K copy of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom came in the mail last night so that may be viewing tonight.

I ordered almost everything I wanted from advertised sales as everything from Best Buy was easy to get and with blu-rays at $3.99 and 4K at $7.99, many extra impulse buys. Nabbed a few from Target. Wal-Mart was biggest disappointment as they didn’t put their sales online this year. Amazon matched most though. Only things unmatched were the two Rock movies - Rampage and Skyscraper that WalMart advertises both 4K for $8.96. Ended up doing Skyscraper for the next lowest ($15) through Best Buy since that’s pretty recent and skipping Rampage since it is on HBO next week.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies - Updated 18-11-24

Baby Shoes said:
In relation to your earlier comments, thanks for the tips, Harley. Got set up the other day, cable company coming this morning to update their service.

Bought way too much stuff on these sales. My $9 4K copy of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom came in the mail last night so that may be viewing tonight.

I ordered almost everything I wanted from advertised sales as everything from Best Buy was easy to get and with blu-rays at $3.99 and 4K at $7.99, many extra impulse buys. Nabbed a few from Target. Wal-Mart was biggest disappointment as they didn’t put their sales online this year. Amazon matched most though. Only things unmatched were the two Rock movies - Rampage and Skyscraper that WalMart advertises both 4K for $8.96. Ended up doing Skyscraper for the next lowest ($15) through Best Buy since that’s pretty recent and skipping Rampage since it is on HBO next week.

Yeah. I think this year was the year that retailers like Best Buy really started pushing their 4K TVs and Amazon/Best Buy decided to take advantage by radically dropping prices for their 4K Movies as well knowing that they had a larger collection + people would want to buy in bulk to start watching.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score

A few newer releases are $4 each, Blockers, Strangers Prey At Night and Truth or Dare

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Argh, Blockers hits HBO in a few weeks but for $4 I will probably pick it up.

WalMart.com has a deal for the 4K collector. Thor:Ragnarok is on sale for $14.68 and Mission Impossible Fallout is on pre-order for $20.96. They give you a $5 discount for ordering both so you can get Thor and Mission Impossible on release for a total of $30.64.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Re: Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies - Updated 18-11-26

The $4 price Cletus cites originated at Target. Target also doing 15% online orders today so those are all $3.40, among other deals

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Re: Deals & Discounts on TV Shows & Movies - Updated 18-11-26

Likely a pricing mistkae but Target has Matrix trilogy 4k set listed at $17.99 - https://www.target.com/p/the-matrix-trilogy-4k-uhd/-/A-54149266?fbclid=IwAR0LO28YSD1QayuGtY3AJ2lpu4a8icwsPS2oYKygglz8943dE3jVnQZsUGc currently unavailable but I guess some people have gone to Best Buy and used it to get them to price match, though seems to not be a 100% chance they'll do it but if you're going there for some reason it can't hurt to try at that price, heh.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
For anyone planning on buying any of these 3 Into The Spider-Verse, Crimes of Grindelwald or Aquaman, for the first if ya buy the disc+digital from VUDU https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Spider-Man-Into-the-Spider-Verse/918488 you get an early access digital copy that you can watch now and it's the same price as pre-ordering the physical copy alone, Best Buy has a similar thing with the other two where they send a moviesanywhere code after you put in your pre-order https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/movies-anywhere-offer, which is even better if you don't care about the digital copies you can sell those two unlike the Spider-Verse one as that gets auto-added to your VUDU account, I sold mine for $15 each, and can probably get another $10 each from the codes that come with the discs so I'll end up only paying $15 for each of the discs.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Amazon and Wal-Mart had the 4K version of Into the Spider-Verse for $20.47 and Bumblebee for $20.15. I had some reward certificates from Best Buy so I got them to price match and get them extra discounted.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Amazon and Wal-Mart have the Blade trilogy on blu-ray for $9.51

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Target has their store exclusive versions of a few Disney 4K movies on sale for $16.49 right now: Lion King, Mary Poppins Returns and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

I was going to get them all but Poppins and Lion King are currently showing sold out. Did manage to place an order for Ralph, hopefully it goes through as that is a good price for a Disney 4K that’s been around, let alone a relatively newer release.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Target has the Lego Movie Part 2 on sale this week and Amazon price matched it but Amazon also currently has a promo code for $10 off. So with code 10LEGO, you can get the Blu-ray for $5 or the 4K for $10. The 4K is on backorder but I locked mine in.

In follow up to my Disney post, I guess Little Mermaid 4K was also at that price but sold out by the time I found the sale. I did find from a movie deal site that some seller ha the Mary Poppins on sale even cheaper at $14.85 for the Target Special 4K. The seller seemed credible so I ordered one. Will see when it shows up.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of dirt cheap 4Ks... Ex-Machina is $6.50 at Amazon.

Other deals: The Sopranos: Complete Series Blu-Ray is $49.99 at Amazon. Downton Abbey: S1-5 is $29.96 at Amazon.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Amazon has the 8-film Fast and the Furious set for $59.99. Debating if I should pick that up. Was never crazy about the franchise, haven't seen anything past the 4th but friends think I'd enjoy the over-the-top cheesiness of the later ones. I have a handful on Blu-ray, think most of them still sealed, so I probably could sell them to offset the cost, just can't remember last time I spent $60 on a movie purchase outside scooping up everything I wanted from the year on Black Friday sales.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Amazon has the 8-film Fast and the Furious set for $59.99. Debating if I should pick that up. Was never crazy about the franchise, haven't seen anything past the 4th but friends think I'd enjoy the over-the-top cheesiness of the later ones. I have a handful on Blu-ray, think most of them still sealed, so I probably could sell them to offset the cost, just can't remember last time I spent $60 on a movie purchase outside scooping up everything I wanted from the year on Black Friday sales.

If you held off, it's now dropped to $39.99: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B071HWXHXH/ref=nosim/dvdpricesearch

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That's cool. The $39.99 is the Blu-ray edition. I got the 4K one yesterday for $59.99, which is now up to $74.99 from the $99.99 MSRP price.