Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disney + Streaming Service Thread

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
You'll all really enjoy it. Even the technical aspects of different animation styles interacting with each other is worth a watch.

Dandy

Reaction score
Movie was terrific. The kids watched it while I did some porch sitting because I needed a break. I watched it with the two oldest girls this morning in my room. The middle child watched it again later during the day. In between movie viewings, all three have watched episodes of the original series.

Amazing movie.

Staff member
Reaction score
I expected it because people are fucking scum. But Disney is gonna go after them for that you’d think

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
I think it looks dumb, but that's because outside of maybe "Jungle Book" all of the live action remakes range from "forgettable" to "fucking garbage" IMO.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

I mean there's a trailer but you can tell literally nothing about the movie from it. Gary is right that most of the Live-action adaptations have not been good but I also am not going to declare it awful based on basically a still cam of her singing.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mighty Ducks: Game Changers is back for Season 2. Solid stuff still feeling like they're mixing in elements from the movies (star who has a Luis Mendoza like issue with his game, Josh Duhamel as the ex-NHL pro running an institute reminding me of the HS coach from the 3rd movie, etc.)

The core characters are likeable without being too in-depth and carry the show with their camaraderie, Lauren Graham as the mom is fine (feels like there are some scenes she tries to ad-lib and they leave in/could just be her acting style though), and I like the change of scenery in regards to them being at an institute for the summer where it's easy to set up some simple character arcs/plot threads.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried watching the new Goosebumps series and made it 2 episodes. It's a decent watch with Justin Long being fun but it has the issues that plagued the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark movie in that it tries to weave together/interconnect all these individual stories to an overarching bigger plotline and it feels very... forced in. That sort of worked when it was a full-length movie but as a TV show, the original was great because it was a standalone anthology series.

Also not helping that it made the protagonists older, which is fine for Fear Street but again, this is a show that caters towards the 7-12 demographic in the books and it felt like Disney wanted the "movie" success without really catering to the younger demographic. The irony is shows like Just Beyond which I mentioned last year do a better job of this.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Watched the first five episodes of Goosebumps. It's decent and tries to retain the feel of the old books/TV series while doing something new. Weaving all the stories together is interesting and I'm willing to tough out the next five episodes before forming an opinion.

They also made the show geared more towards teenagers/young adults with mature language and even some gore. I guess they figure the target audience are people like myself who grew up reading the series in the 90s and is old enough to have kids of his own now.