Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disney + Streaming Service Thread

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Netflix and Nickelodeon just announced a partnership that will include original programming. This had to be a response to Disney Plus.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
So far it was Steamboat Willie, The Muppet Movie, and my son is watching the Lady and the Tramp remake while I don't pay attention because I didn't really like the original.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I had to watch 2 of my 3 all-time favorite Disney movies, Pete's Dragon and Robin Hood (cartoon), my #3 is Dumbo which I'll watch over the weekend. I also watched The Mandalorian this morning, and it was fantastic.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Audio for Simpsons 1x01 was way off. Extremely distracting. I checked a few 2, 3, and 4 episodes and everything seems in order for those seasons.

Dandy

Reaction score
I started watching DuckTales (1987) with my kids, as I finally had the opportunity to do so. But something didn’t seem right. I remembered the first episode introducing everyone and setting up the series. They have them out of order. The first episode is listed as episode 37 on Disney+. You can look up the episode titles on Wikipedia and watch them that way, but that should be fixed. The new DuckTales series was apparently listed out of order too and one of the writers gave the correct order. There was such a discussion on Twitter that season 1 was corrected apparently.

Also, Disney+ has the original DuckTales episodes as skipping from episode 1 to episode 4 in their order. I have not gone through every episode title to figure out which two episodes are not available, but I am curious as to why they are not available.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Diving into this thread for the first time. @Cartman, are you still looking for a way to get the bundle with the ad-free version of Hulu? Here’s a way to get it for $18.99/month:

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-bundle

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
If I can throw some negatives about the service so far:

- On the home screen, there's no option to "Watch Again" or see what you recently watched. You have to search for the Movie/TV show all over again.
- Although it does resume where you left off, there's no indication of resuming a movie or TV show you were watching; only a "Play" option.
- There's a lot of content on there that won't be streaming until 2020 or 2021, which is fine, I get that there were pre-existing deals in place, but it's kind of a cock tease to see The Mighty Ducks trilogy and Maleficent on there only to see that it won't be streaming for another 6 months to a year.
- Where the fuck is Angels in the Outfield?

All relatively minor things that will most likely be corrected but just wanted to put them out there.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am neck deep in Bonkers and like the original Ducktales the episodes are all kinds of out of order. I haven't looked into it, but it wouldn't surprise me if all those early 90s animated series (Quack Pack, Goof Troop, etc) are similarly mucked up. The Imagineering documentary is great so far, even if it does gloss over some of the things that might make the company look bad.

Also, apparently in the "Help" section you can suggest stuff they need to add to the service.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Simpsons are out of order as well, and unless I slept through it the Michael Jackson one is gone (which I 1000% get, but is still bullshit).

I wish I'd waited a couple months for them to fix all the weird shit, but man, Kid In King Arthur's Court.

Needs Cowboys Of Moo Mesa.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
James L Brooks insisted that the Michael Jackson episode be pulled permanently after Leaving Neverland and Al Jean said he believed that MJ used the episode for grooming purposes. So you can't blame Disney for that one.

Nobody better tell them that Matt Groening went to Epstein's Island!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Starting a season at episode 2 just drives me nuts. I do 100% understand. Besides I'd want my grooming in the proper aspect ratio.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Disney already announced they'd correct the aspects ratios and episode orders of the Simpsons in early 2020.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I watched Gus because it had Don Knotts. It's not terrible, but it's fairly mediocre. Still maybe worth a watch for Dick Butkis in an acting role as well as Dick Enberg and Johnny Unitas in cameos, Bob Crane's last film role, Tim Conway doing physical comedy, etc.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I jumped on the bundle because I forgot ESPN+ had all the 30 for 30s so I'm going to get good use out of all three services for about $4 per which is hard to pass up.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Already watched the based Disney original movie Luck of the Irish and also deeply pleased to see they also have Smart House on there. If they have the classic, Brink! then it's worth every single penny.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Are they going to ever put any of the non-Mickey shorts up? I was hoping to watch Pigs is Pigs this weekend, but came up short.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh the website you can "send feedback" and one of the options is to request things to be added that you can't find currently, that might help.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I've started my MCU watch through. These movies have been talked to death but it has to be reiterated how bad Iron Man 2 is. It reminded me way too much of Spider Man 3 in the scattershot plot, unlikable main character (but at least you could understand why Stark is acting that way) and multiple uninteresting villains. I checked out about an hour in.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
My girlfriend's sister hooks us up with their login, and she uses it to watch Snow Dogs.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The best part is proving to be all those 90s movies. Inner child made outer adult appreciate that FBI agent in Blank Check.

Second the want of shorts. I really like what they have but I would like as many as they can cram onto the service. Need my Donald fix. Also, Mickey's Christmas Carol is on there and still really good.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
New-New-New England Order said:
I've started my MCU watch through. These movies have been talked to death but it has to be reiterated how bad Iron Man 2 is. It reminded me way too much of Spider Man 3 in the scattershot plot, unlikable main character (but at least you could understand why Stark is acting that way) and multiple uninteresting villains. I checked out about an hour in.

I have a soft spot for IM2. Even if it's not good, I still enjoy it on rewatch. The only MCU movie that I haven't been able to enjoy on rewatch is The Incredible Hulk, but that mostly has to do with my inability to see Ed Norton as any character other than Derek Vinyard, no matter what role he's playing.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am pretty surprised that the shorts were not included initially. I don't think they need to do like the WWE Network and release these a few months later to garner interest or keep people purchasing it. This is the VOD model that is almost fool proof. I bought it for my four nieces as a Christmas gift, but I'm almost positive that the movie archives are going to be enough to keep people rolling over month to month for years as long as they have kids.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The Amazing Rando said:
Forky asking "What Is Love" is probably my favorite thing on the whole platform.

My daughter loves Forky, so we've been watching all of them. They're so cute, only about 5 minutes long, and well worth watching. We have to watch this one, but I loved What is Art.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched Brink! and it is so wonderfully 90s. After watching The Luck of the Irish, I have Smart House to wrap things up but being able to re-live those 3 movies when I was right in that 12-15 pocket made Disney+ so worth it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
For those of you waiting for Turner and Hooch to be rebooted as a TV show, Josh Peck was just cast in the lead

https://deadline.com/2020/02/turner-hooch-josh-peck-to-headline-tv-series-reboot-for-disney-1202856371/

Valeyard

Reaction score
Did they ever fix the aspect ratio on the Simpsons, by chance?

Apparently I watched Blank Check and the Lion King (animated real version) last night in a bit of a chemical haze. Wrong one got the praise, I can tell you that.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
Did they ever fix the aspect ratio on the Simpsons, by chance?

Apparently I watched Blank Check and the Lion King (animated real version) last night in a bit of a chemical haze. Wrong one got the praise, I can tell you that.

You're right, Lion King didn't deserve its praise. A kid named Macintosh living in a mansion in a pure 90s movie named Blank Check? Genius! Blank Check was one of the more memorable movies of my early 90s kid movies when I was a kid.