Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disney + Streaming Service Thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Today brought the announcement of a Mighty Ducks TV show where the Mighty Ducks are the bad guys when one of the Good Boys gets cut, him and his Gilmore Girls mom start a team to fight youth sports culture.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-mighty-ducks-sequel-series-lauren-graham-disney-plus-1203502197/

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Today brought the announcement of a Mighty Ducks TV show where the Mighty Ducks are the bad guys when one of the Good Boys gets cut, him and his Gilmore Girls mom start a team to fight youth sports culture.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-mighty-ducks-sequel-series-lauren-graham-disney-plus-1203502197/

"The new “Mighty Ducks” is set in present day Minnesota, where the Mighty Ducks have evolved from scrappy underdogs to an ultra-competitive, powerhouse youth hockey team. After 12-year-old Evan (Noon) is unceremoniously cut from the Ducks, he and his mom Alex (Graham) set out to build their own ragtag team of misfits to challenge the cutthroat, win-at-all-costs culture of competitive youth sports."

Sounds like Evan and his Mom are dicks who can't handle not being talented enough to be on the Ducks team. Also why make the Ducks the bad guys? Just have Evan be on the Hawks like the original movie and get cut. You're telling me the Ducks stayed a powerhouse pee-wee team after Bombay moved on and the original group all left?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Turn it into a Breaking Bad type crime show and have Greg Goldberg as the meth ring leader.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Man, the old mugshot of Goldberg was sad. The new one from a week or two back is even more frightening.

This is 2020, they have to fight the establishment and the Ducks as winners can no longer be the outcasts.

Tying to earlier discussions, I can only hope for a Blank Check reboot as a series where the 11-year old is a cryptocurrency hacker.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Blank Check had the hot FBI agent and the late Miguel Ferrer, plus that limo driver doing fake John Candy shit. Easy choice.

I'm planning on Camp Nowhere later. Then finish whatever wrestling show it was I was talking about. But Camp Nowhere can't be worse than it was when I was a kid.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
Blank Check had the hot FBI agent and the late Miguel Ferrer, plus that limo driver doing fake John Candy shit. Easy choice.

I'm planning on Camp Nowhere later. Then finish whatever wrestling show it was I was talking about. But Camp Nowhere can't be worse than it was when I was a kid.

Camp Nowhere didn't hold up well at all when I re-watched it a few years ago but stuff like Little Giants and House Arrest fared better for me.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
A show based in the world of Love, Simon, a movie where a teenager comes out of the closet, was developed for this service. The show was about a new kid facing similar challenges and called Love, Victor. The studio was happy enough with the show they are working on Season 2 but it was not deemed family-friendly enough and has been moved to Hulu.

Following this news, it came out that the Lizzie McGuire reboot filmed row episodes and production went on hold. Sounds like Hillary Duff and the show runner both are hoping for a move to Hulu. I would assume the franchise being a true Disney project, the studio would want to reign it in but now I am curious what kind of content is in this grown up Lizzie McGuire that those involved feel family-friendly requests compromise it.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
Did they ever fix the aspect ratio on the Simpsons, by chance?

No, it's very annoying. When the initial stink went up about the pan-and-scan versions this past November, Disney claimed they would start offering seasons 1-19 in their original aspect ration in "early 2020." So far, nothing.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Other issues also include the new DuckTales series being listed out of order (and the 2 part premiere being split into 2 separate episodes). One of the co-producers actually tweeted out the correct Production Order.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/284419/ducktales-watch-order-new-series

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Posted in the Frozen thread but realized people may only look at that if they’ve seen the movie.

Frozen II was not supposed to hit Disney+ until June but Disney has announced it will now be made available on March 17th.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
https://www.cbr.com/bob-iger-blame-disney-not-streaming-muppet-show/

Pelicans_Fan_Hood

New Poster
Reaction score
The Thread Killer said:
The Valeyard said:

No, it's very annoying. When the initial stink went up about the pan-and-scan versions this past November, Disney claimed they would start offering seasons 1-19 in their original aspect ration in "early 2020." So far, nothing.

Eh my lady and I share our "cheating dreams" all the time. If she's *really* cheating then she's got skills because when she's not at work she's around me - and I know she's at work since I check in on her /psycho

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/movies-disney-plus-april.html/

Onward is dropping April 3rd. Also Frankenweenie and National Treasure will be dropping in April.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Disney’s film adaptation of kids’ book series Artemis Fowl has been pulled from its May theatrical release and will be sent straight to Disney+. No release date confirmed yet.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I unironically enjoy the National Treasure movies.

Not sure it works as well with anyone but Nicholas Cage.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/2/21205990/simpsons-disney-plus-ratio-fix-49-169-visual-gags-fxx-streaming

“We appreciate our fans’ patience and are working to make the first 19 Seasons (and part of 20) of The Simpsons available in 4:3 versions on Disney Plus,” a tweet from the company reads. “We expect to accomplish this by the end of May.”

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
damn I thought it was gonna be what kreese shared last night in the chat

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/05/disney-plus-censors-maria-canals-barreras-cleavage-in-wizards-of-waverly-place/109439/

2020-05-18-14.14.54-415x600.png

CENSORING CLEAVAGE

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The censoring of shit like that makes it feel much dirtier. They're onto something.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I feel like most people beatin to tween sitcoms sadly will not be focused on the moms

#jingus

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:

Today, (May 28, 2020) for the first time since their launch, Disney+ finally rolled out the feature that gives the viewer the option to view classic Simpsons episodes in their original aspect ratio.

It took them a hell of a lot longer to get it done than they had originally promised ("early 2020" my ass) but at least they finally did it.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Always up for any young adult horror anthology series so hell yeah to this: "Just Beyond will manifest on Disney+ as an 8-episode anthology series, placed under the creative purview of writer and executive producer Seth Grahame-Smith. A perennial player in the world of subversive (adult-aimed) horror, Grahame-Smith will be joined by executive producer David Katzenberg and an assembling writers room to adapt Stine’s four-volume middle-grade anthological graphic novel series, which features artwork from Kelly & Nichole Matthews, published by Boom! Studios."

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for behind the scenes stuff and the Making of Frozen 2 dropped today. I've only watched the first episode and while I thought the movie itself was...alright... watching what went into it, even if it's maybe a tad played up for the cameras around, is still fun. There's some really good stuff with the Lopez's and a sweet bit at the end of this first episode about letters they get about their movies. "Into The Unknown" is a baller song, fwiw, at least orchestrally.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Haven’t used my account in a while but decided I wanted to watch Incredibles 2 but the reason I haven’t yet is I haven’t seen Incredibles since theatres and barely remembered it. Incredibles 2 transitions from Netflix to Disney+ at the end of the month, it’s fine because I have both services.

Watching Incredibles last night, I paused to get something out of the other room and a few minutes later the audio track was way off. On other services, I’ve had luck just pausing and restarting or backing up a minute. Neither worked. I had to back out of the movie, then go back in to get it working.

For the film itself, it was a little bit darker than I remember or that I think they could get away with now. Openly talking about the guy’s suicide attempt in the beginning and how unlike cartoons, bad guys would kill kids.

Hoping to catch the second if not in the next few nights, over the long weekend, as by the time I get done with work and get stuff done around the house, feel less inclined to watch movies on most week nights.