Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Disney + Streaming Service Thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Details were announced on Disney + today

The service will cost $6.99 a month or subscribers can pay $69.99 annually.

The Mandalorian Star Wars series has been confirmed for launch, though unlike Netflix, they will be releasing episodes weekly.

Marvel has confirmed rhw Vision & Scarlet Witch series that has been rumored.

There are several fresh Disney, Star Wars and Marvel series that are getting announced with big names attached so this probably warrants a thread, even this far ahead of launch.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Def getting this if only for The Mandalorian.

I am fairly certain I also read they'll have every episode of The Simpsons available at launch, too.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a Hawkeye series with Renner and the introduction of HawkKate so I'm very interested.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yup, sounds like every Simpsons ever is moving here - Diego Luna is getting a Star Wars show about his character from Rogue One. I really felt cheated buying the annual version of the DC service and haven't tried it in months but I really think I will have no problem dropping the annual price on this out the gates with all the effort and unique projects, not to mention all the library of stuff - especially the confirmation of housing The Simpsons, though I still have them calling EVERY EVER since they've pulled the Michael Jackson episode from everything.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Actually, another Marvel project I read for this which I think seems really cool and has a ton of potential is they will be doing an animated WHAT IF series - which is cool for all kinds of unique one-off stories and even lends them to get different people to do voice work on the series.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I don't give a shit about any of the original stuff, but that's a hell of an archive to have for that price (which probably won't last past a year or two).

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I want an Office-type show about working on the Death Star. Moff Tarkin being really the Michael Scott of the galaxy would draw.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Confirmation that as expected Song of the South will be one of the few movies from the Disney catalog still made unavailable and not on this service.

The other piece that I know has been discussed but I don’t know if it had ever been done to this point is that the scenes with the crows will be cut from the Dumbo.

https://boardwalktimes.net/song-of-the-south-and-jim-crow-scene-in-dumbo-will-not-be-on-disney-ca2c1eae2a50

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
On the one hand, I understand, and approve of the decision.

On the other hand, "When I See An Elephant Fly" is a bop.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/6/20757626/disney-plus-espn-hulu-bundle-price-date-streaming-service

Disney+, ESPN+ and the version of Hulu with ads for $13/month. That's not a bad deal because it's basically three services for the price of one month of Netflix (and both Hulu and Disney+ are/have potential to be worth the price alone; I'm not familiar with ESPN+ aside from that Katie Nolan had a show on it).

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would gladly pay the difference if they offered a bundle with Ad-free Hulu, but I doubt that will be an option unfortunately.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Tom Hiddleston has done a few interviews recently and given little nuggets about the Loki series. He mentioned that the series is going to be six one-hour episodes.

Also when searching for this thread I found a thread with two posts about this service from a few months before this one, if mods feel the need to merge.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I think I'll jump on the Hulu deal when it becomes available. I honestly don't mind the ads.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Forget about all that Marvel and Star Wars stuff.

Forget about the new Muppets series that is a mystery style show set in 1984 (which I lost hope on due to heavy Josh Gad involvement).

Disney announced Hilary Duff is back in a new Lizzie McGuire series.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Disney just announced that the Simpsons will stream on Disney+. This is a HUGE selling point and just a few weeks before launch. Yeah, I'm most likely going to jump on this.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also it was announced last week (I think?) that if you're a Verizon Mobile Unlimited or Verizon Fios subscriber that you'll be getting a free year of Disney+ when it launches.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
got the free trial and watched the first episode of The Mandolrion. Dug it. Great atmosphere. I wish it all came out at once. I NEED TO BINGE MY SHOWS NOW. Fucking netflix ruined me.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm still browsing the content and jesus fuck, there's SO much shit on there. Yeah, I won't be sleeping or socializing for a few days.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I think I'm going to subscribe because if you think about it each Disney Blu Ray costs about $25, so if I watch a movie a month, it's a good deal.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
The Han shoots Greedo scene got changed again. Apparently it was an edit Lucas made before selling the franchise.

MACLUNKY!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I feel pretty sure that I'm the only person here who the first thing they watched was Captain Marvel.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I heard The Simpsons episodes are widescreen with no option to change it. Is this true? Because that's the only thing I'd watch regularly. I'm a rare person my age that doesn't care about Disney or Marvel or Star Wars or whatever the fuck. I'd watch $7 worth of Simpsons on demand in any given month though.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
They're stretched to hell and back. Sometimes it's way glaring, but I'm very happy they're all there period. The X-Men animated series better not be this rough though.

But dude, Blank Check and Camp Nowhere and Heavyweights and A Kid In King Arthur's Court. Lost youth.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Americans is Wolverine and the Xmen and Xmen Evolution on your version of Disney+?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yes, they are.

Last night I watched Sleeping Beauty, a few Simpsons episodes, and the first 30 minutes of The Kid with Bruce Willis!

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I have 4 and 1 year old daughters and we go to Disney World every two years. This is the perfect streaming service for my family. We've already watched Sleeping Beauty, Brave, Wall-E, some Disney channel stuff, Dumbo... I will get a lot of mileage out of this.