Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFU0r0xG_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnwlnYbioI

The cast alone has me intrigued.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FX has earned the benefit of the doubt from me for a while now. Again, like with True Detective, making this a limited series means they can score pretty high-quality actors for the whole run. We're about to enter a ridiculous 6-week period wherein The Americans, Orphan Black, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, and this are all airing new episodes weekly.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
I'm less inclined to watch this than I would be if they hadn't tried to pretend it had anything to do with the movie, so good job on that one, marketing division.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Like, if it was called Snow Town I'd be like, "Hey, that looks interesting" instead of being like, "Hey, that looks like a weird decade-and-a-half after the fact imitation of Fargo."

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great start, if a little overlong towards the end. It probably could have stopped right after the Slaughter in Hobbittown, but I understand wanting to get a few more balls in the air before the end of the pilot. Billy Bob on TV is a treasure.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So we're seven episodes in now, and this is about as good as it gets, perfectly filling the totally-horrible-and-still-really-funny Breaking Bad-shaped hole in our lives. A great show that everyone should catch up on.

Byron The Bulp said:
Like, if it was called Snow Town I'd be like, "Hey, that looks interesting" instead of being like, "Hey, that looks like a weird decade-and-a-half after the fact imitation of Fargo."
It actually works out perfectly, for reasons I won't spoil here. I expect you would love this show.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
This show has been fantastic. I didn't know if anyone else here was watching it. It's all so bleak and dead-endy but with lots of funny and sweet moments. Just like Fargo: The Movie

Fantastic acting performances all around, great writing and dialogue, and great directing and cinematography

I'm waiting til after the show finishes to read up on the true crime this is supposedly based on

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if I wanted Lester caught or wanted him to get away with the whole damn thing. Martin Freeman and Billy Bob killed it this year.

I could have sworn that Colin Hanks was dead meat walking before this episode.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
After Lester set his innocent brother and nephew up and knowingly led his sweet, loving, trusting young Asian-American bride to her death how could you possibly root for him?!?!

I knew Hanks was gonna stake out that spot and kill Billy Bob, but I figured there'd be a sad ending because technically he was a civilian killing the guy in cold blood

Great show, good stuff

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This gonna be one of those shows that blows people's minds when they discover it on Netflix or Amazon streaming in a year. Superb season/series/whatever you want to call it.

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to go to my On Demand and marathon the hell out of this.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So good.

Now, I just want Allison Tolman on #TrueDetectiveSeason2.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
So, this just happened:

10388661_296429337201972_5946840711048367051_n.jpg

Awesome!

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Fargo's cleaning up. Billy Bob won best actor and the show won best mini-series

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Just finished watching the finale and it was perfect. I can't imagine anyone not thinking it delivered. Thinking about it now, it was a very similar story to the movie.

And I loved how Oliver Platt's story actually connects the movie to the show.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
these are so awesome

https://tv.yahoo.com/photos/fargo-death-trading-cards-1403137850-slideshow/

c190b8c0-f748-11e3-93cd-d3fb0c26a60d_fargo-trading-card-106a-don.jpg

OG

OG
Reaction score
Brilliant show and wonderful finale. The show and the movie really do end up walking down the same path with, in my view, the same message that
decent people come out on top and evil finds a way of working itself out

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I watched this entire show in like the span of a week. It was awesome, mostly due to the performances. The philosophical bits sprinkled in mundane Minnesotuhhh conversation was p. cool.

Billy Bob slowly revealing how evil he is throughout the show overwhelms you, and well it's been talked about but anyway:

the way he curdles and sneers while breathing his last breath before being killed off during the second round of shots was great stuff. It really gave off the feeling like this wasn't a human being, he came across like an evil monster having its life drained away. Hanks's reaction really hammered that point home as well, like he couldn't recognize what he was dealing with.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In the greatest news ever, Bruce Campbell is playing Ronald Reagan in season 2.

The cast is pretty great: Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Pleamons, Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, the Burn Notice guy, Kieran Culkan

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4

Judging by the trailer, this show didn't "True Detective" itself.