Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

How often do you eat out/order takeout?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Maybe this should be in general chat? I don't know. Trying to revitalize the food folder!

How often do you eat out or order meals for delivery or takeout? Before the pandemic, I would go out at least once during the work week with friends for dinner. I usually don't order food at work to save money (which is a shame as there's ton of great eateries where I work) and normally bring food from home. I mostly order takeout on the weekends. I love me some Chinese food and occasional pizza or street tacos. I cook every other night.

So what about you?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Usually a couple times a week. Friday was normally some place nicer or somewhere I had never been. I'm getting more take out now than I previously had during this shit storm but it saved me some money so I'm trying not to get too much.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I have not had anything but meals from home since the start of all this.

Typically for saving money and attempts to eat healthier food, I’d pack a lunch 98% of the time for work. Had a lot going on in the past year where I felt I was eating takeout more than ever at night and probably going out to dinner at minimum once a week, as we had been doing family get togethers many Sundays.

I don’t really miss eating out. I enjoy to cook when I have the time and energy for it. Still trying to find a balance on getting the least tamepred fresh foods, I have had frozen pizza fairly regularly in the pandemic, which used to be a super seldom thing I’d do - so I’m still eating junky at time in those ways, despite being home.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When this started, I actually ate more takeout/drive thru stuff. Probably like twice a week but since I've improved my culinary skills, it's gone down to somewhere between once a week and twice a monthly.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Here's something I'm wondering: is it really worth it ordering from UberEats, DoorDash, Seamless, GrubHub, etc.? All those services seem expensive as fuck. In addition to tipping, you gotta pay another fee on top of that? Don't they also inflate the prices on the menu? The few times I actually order in, I call the restaurant directly since the above seem to fuck over small businesses. Of course, some restaurants will just tell you to order through the above which makes things complicated. Normally though, I usually call in an order and pick it up because any place I order from is only a few blocks away and can save a few bucks on delivery.

Last edited:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s terrible and convenient as long as you wanna wait for a complete stranger to handle your food to your house.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
We get either pizza, Indian food, or sushi about once a week. I don't really enjoy takeout from most restaurants because the act of putting it in a container and letting it sit in its own steam bath lowers the quality a ton, but you're still paying the same amount. Plus my girlfriend's become an excellent cook in the past couple of years, so even pre-COVID we were rarely going out unless it was to somewhere kind of unique.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I own straws but I want a bendy straw if I'm getting a delivery soda! If I'm being trash and ordering delivery, I want to go all out!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
All the restaurants in my neighborhood had to put out several social posts about how backed up they are and asked for everyone's patience. My co-worker ordered his food at 1 and got it at 5.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nowadays, I always order pizza on weekends. Pizza and Soda and watching wrestling the new online streaming TV services that my sister subscribes to.

danaharre

New Poster
Reaction score
Three times per week. I don't have time to cook at home. I rely on quick and easy meals, often using my Instant Pot. I've discovered some fantastic recipes instant pot that make it simple to prepare delicious, healthy meals in a fraction of the time it would take on the stove or in the oven.

Last edited: