Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Ice Cream Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thought about making this a thread about me channeling Barry Horowitz and patting myself on the back for being a SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR but board is going down in two days so it'll just be a post here. Anyway, I think I played a small part in downfall of a racist and sexist locally prominent ice cream supplier.

So Wednesday, a friend of a friend posted on Facebook that their (mixed raced) teenage kid quit supplier's flagship store after owner asked them "Why can't I say the word 'African-American person'?" while employees were listening to hip hop before opening. This prompted a thread where it revealed that owner hired teenage girls but not teenage boys cause the "customers want eye candy", him insisting that African American employees take garbage out because "they're trash", fact that he talked about hosting fundraisers for school for handicapped because "people love retards", and him asking an Asian woman if she had a sideways vagina...

Anyway, said ice cream supplier makes Sea Dogs Biscuits, an ice cream sandwich sold at Portland Sea Dogs games. In my role as a local influencer and partial season ticket holder, I raised awareness of the issue. Just a day and a half later, The Sea Dogs said they were dropping ice cream supplier. Fans of local comedy, minor league baseball, and social justice rejoiced.

I guess moral of this week is I hate racism more than I love ice cream sandwiches.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Recently got Blue Bunny’s Chocopolitan, which makes a Neapolitan style ice cream out of like white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate - very tasty without being overkill as some of the gimmicky flavors get.

Had also had just a Safeway brand Mint Cookies and Cream that was super tasty as something I don’t get too often.

Just been getting ice cream here or there when I see the sales for when I want a desert these days

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had an ice cream sandwich today that was snicker doodle cookies with coffee ice cream.

tenor.gif

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeni's Pumpkin Pie ice cream has star anise in it. I've never felt so betrayed before.