Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

It's Alright

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Now that I have The Cock for Wrasslin', I gave the new show a shot. (I loved the original, own all the DVDs- even some New Class seasons).

It felt like an SNL skit. "Mac" instead of Zack. A vaguely ethnic larger buddy. Over the top jokes poking fun at the original series.

I am not sure Feminazi Jesse Spanos would evolve into flashing cleavage, especially in the role of councilor.

I'll probably go back and watch more than the pilot, but it didn't tickle my nostalgia button.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Acid Washed Memories is covering SBTB this week. I've enjoyed a bunch of their quick nostalgia rewinds, and I'm sure this will be the same.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I haven't watched this intro in a while and I was amused to see how most of the "New Class" was just the Great Value version of the original cast.

Even as an 11 year old I can recall thinking "Ok, this is the new Zack"

Tommy D is the only member of any of the new classes I remember by name (ok I know there was a Ryan IIRC) because of a storyline where whatever scheme new Zack created was supposed to make you smarter so the tag line was "We turned Tommy D into Tommy A!"

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
IIRC, the very first season didn't do so great ratings wise so they added Screech to the cast in season 2 and moved a lot of the storylines away from the school.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
They never said whether she passed the test or whatever, did they? Canon should be her devotion to caffeine and studying made her ace the entire thing and she holds resentment against the rest for ruining her dreams when she was just tired yet so excited