Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLB Playoffs 2020

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is quite the choke job by the Rays. Although it would fit in with Dusty Baker's snake bitten managerial career to be down 0-3, win 3 in a row and then lose a game 7 anyway

Another brutal one for Dusty Daddy. Of course.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eh, it was a great series. I'm not as mad as I thought I'd be in losing. It's funny to see people big up the Rays but forget that Morton was on the 2017 team but wanna congratulate him. Also, all of MLB Twitter that is wanting to rag on Houston, but also eagerly awaiting Springer joining their team via free agency.

In the end, the team put together a solid year in a season that was pretty dreadful all around. No JV, no Osuna, no Yordan as well as something like fifteen rookie pitchers used with other veteran pitchers injured.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even more amazing when TB did that with a $75 Million payroll, compared to the $250 Million LAD.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Kershaw to start game 1. If he goes out this series and has a couple of dominating performances he could really solidify his legacy. If he gets lit up again there will probably always be those "yeah, but he couldn't win the biggest games" comments long after he retires.

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe Pedro Baez is still on this team. I hope he kills himself

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
They charged Will Smith with a missed catch error. Which means Chris Taylor actually got an assist on that play. Does this happen if Cody Bellinger is in center field?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Congrats to the Dodgers. Last time they won the World Series I was about to turn 9. I'll be 41 on Saturday

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel terrible for Justin Turner. Getting a positive COVID test (mid-game after being in a bubble for a month?) and not being able to celebrate with his teammates.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel terrible for Justin Turner. Getting a positive COVID test (mid-game after being in a bubble for a month?) and not being able to celebrate with his teammates.

Oh shit what would have happened if there was a game 7?

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It might have been his earpiece.

He looked like he was going to cry when he was getting booed.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turner being on the field at all is pretty fucking stupid. Being out there without a mask hugging people is even worse.

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing he's a free agent because I don't ever wanna see that dude playing for our team again.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
My dad has been a Dodgers fan since they were playing in Brooklyn. When they moved to LA, he stuck by them. I'm happy for my dad that he could see his second favorite sports team win (the NY Rangers are his #1 team).

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Turner threw caution aside and gambled with other peoples' lives. 2 game suspension.