Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gaethje being a Trump supporter may be the most devastating news I've seen in the past six months.

Staff member
Reaction score
Bektic can't fight in the third round. Never seen someone's gas tank decrease more after 10 minutes than his does.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
What sucks most is that Colby and Cejudo’s last bunch of fights have been badass performances. The characters wouldn’t have been as needed for the attention grabs as they may have been years ago. I get that Colby is probably a bit of a dick in reality, but I haven’t listened to a second interview he’s given since the character has taken over.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He doesn't have any charisma (to me at least) and it's all a really boring shtick and not entertaining at all. He's fast forward material to me. Conor and Chael were entertaining at a point at least. Also, for the most part Chael after the gimmick change had mostly exciting fights for the constant threat of him doing something stupid to lose. Besides the Kamaru loss, Colby's have all been snoozers.

Last edited:

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I've said it before about Colby; he reminds me of the kid that just learned curse words and doesn't know how to use them correctly.

Coming after LeBron is such weak sauce, but not surprising since he is low hanging fruit for Covington supporters. I hope Usman beats Burns and then wants to run it back with Masvidal so Covington doesn't have a big money fight for awhile.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Colby needs to fight Leon Edwards and it's a fight that has to happen and at the same time nobody wants to see.

Great night of fights, rare to see every womans fight end in a finish and Jessy Jess's beatdown was brutal. Costa's headkick, Walker's hellbows and CHIMAEV.

Staff member
Reaction score
Blachowicz just beat someone who Jones lost to. GIVE THE MAN HIS RESPECT

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Helwani just said on The Dan LeBatard Show that he thinks that Covington basically worked himself into a shoot, vis-à-vis his Trumpism. Agree or disagree?

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Entirely possible. He went from nobody knowing who he was to getting press because of his rant in Brazil and from there it just took off.

I do agree that regardless of work or shoot he's in too deep now. He's been excommunicated by ATT and his management dropped him too. So if it was a work then yes, he did end up in a shoot.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I believe he’s a legit asshole that feels the way he says. But it’s just turned up to 11 for his character.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
As I've said before, I don't have a trained eye for this sport, but that third round was terrible, and it was all De Castro's fault.

Staff member
Reaction score
It was also frustrating to watch because Aldana was just following her around in circles instead of showcasing any ability with her feet to cut the cage off and get Holm to back into a corner.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was also frustrating to watch because Aldana was just following her around in circles instead of showcasing any ability with her feet to cut the cage off and get Holm to back into a corner.

Yeah, it was at least entertaining even if it was Holly just beating her ass for 25 minutes.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I only watched the prelims because the main card didn't interest me and I had a long day, but very happy to see Condit back and get a win. I just wonder how much he really has left in the tank.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only positive I could see one taking away from a Condit victory is that McGee has a solid clinch/takedown game and those are the fighters who Carlos has been losing to recently so he managed to avoid that loss. But didn't look good or anything though.