Recent DVD/Blu-Ray Purchases

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Recently it's been

-Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
-Bone Tomahawk
-The Hidden
-Demon Wind (no, the title is not a fart joke)
-Blood Beat
-Rolling Vengeance

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
South Park: Season 12 [Blu-ray]- $9.63
South Park: Season 13 [Blu-ray] - $7.96
South Park: Season 14 [Blu-ray] - $7.88
Red Dawn Blu-ray - $4.96
Mad Max 35th Anniversary Blu-ray - $4.99
Split [Blu-ray] - $4.99

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm probably holding off until closer to the Xmas season to do a 'splurge' purchase.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
John Wick [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] - $3.99
Ash vs Evil Dead - The Complete First Season [Blu-ray] - $8.99
War For The Planet Of The Apes [Blu-ray] - $7.99
Wonder Woman [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] - $6.99
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 [Blu-ray] - $7.99

Staff member
Reaction score
LOTR Extended Edition Trilogy Blu-rays are $25.99 on Amazon. Just bought it.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
New Criterion releases for "Night of the Living Dead" and "The Silence of the Lambs" came in today.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up the following from DeepDiscount.com (with another 10% off coupon - DOCOCTOPUS - thanks to Honey app)

iZombie: Complete Season 3 for $25.38
Friday the 13th: 8 Film Collection for $22.98 ($2.88 per Film)
Thor: Ragnarok for $20.99

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I did a little bit of shopping over the weekend for the first time in a while and got King of New York, Network, Duel, The Road Warrior, and Phantasm. Some of these are upgrades from VHS tapes that are finally starting to go and all of them were quite cheap.

Hadn't seen King of New York in about ten years and it was in the clearance bin. I feel like a good chunk that would make the story more coherent was left on the cutting room floor, but all the principal actors are great and I love the photography's film noir-ish quality.

Network is one of the best movies released in the '70s and it will always be good. I feel like a lot of its commentary on sensationalist media is even more relevant in our time than it was then.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Pre-Ordered the Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary 4K/Blu-Ray Collection (JP, Lost World, JP3, and JW) for $49.17 which is a great deal at just $12.29 per 4K release and $6.15 per all 8 Discs.

Release comes out on May 22nd.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just picked up the Interviews With Monster Girls Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Set for $40.52 at B&N.com thanks to a few coupons via HONEY and a 20% Off Coupon via Member Booklet.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Pre-Ordered the Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary 4K/Blu-Ray Collection (JP, Lost World, JP3, and JW) for $49.17 which is a great deal at just $12.29 per 4K release and $6.15 per all 8 Discs.

Release comes out on May 22nd.

Got that on pre-order too, put my PO in for Black Panther 4k SteelBook as well

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just picked up the Die Hard: 30th Anniversary 4K for $19.99

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection for $16.87 then sold the digital code it came with for $10 :D
The Fog [Limited Edition Steelbook] - $12.44

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Sopranos complete series BR $49.99, digital code it came with had 3 redemptions which I sold for $40 total, so ended up only $9.99 out of pocket :D

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I went to Best Buy a few weeks ago and picked up The Punisher (the one with Thomas Jane) for six bucks. I went into Target last week and picked up Spider Man Homecoming and Logan for ten dollars each.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Pre-ordered the Universal Classic Monsters 30 Film Collection for $149.98 ($4.99 per Movie) dropping on August 28th.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Universal-Classic-Monsters-Complete-30-Film-Collection-Blu-ray/207464/

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Just found out Walmart has this thing called Instawatch that can give you early access to digital copies of movies, I just pre-ordered A Quiet Place which doesn't release until July 10th but it put a digital copy of it in my vudu account that I can watch now.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Had seen some people getting stuff from Big Lots for good prices. I was near one today so I stopped. Got Blu-rays of Foxcatcher, Our Brand Is Crisis and Run All Night for $3 each. Never seen any of them so I figured $3 even for a one-time watch was cheaper than a rental used to be. Don't believe any of them are on streaming services or movie channels at the moment.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
The Harry Potter 4k Set - $79.98
The James Bond Collection - $63.97
The Howling (Collector's Edition) - $10.39

Also put my pre-orders in for Deadpool 2, Infinity War and Ant-Man/Wasp 4Ks

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Heard Dollar Trees were getting some decent Blu-rays for $1 a piece.

Went in one this weekend and they had some quality films on blu-ray that I already owned like Milk, Changeling and a few others. I had picked up that Topher Grace comedy Take Me Home Tonight because the scene in the mall was filmed at a mall I went to all the time when I was growing up.

Went in the Dollar Tree near my grocery store when I stopped in today and got the following for $10.92 after tax:

Fading Gigolo (Blu-ray)
Don Jon (Blu+DVD+Digital)
The Longest Week (Blu + Digital)
Safe Haven (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Marine 3 (Blu + Digital)
Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Brick Mansions (Blu + Digital)
Paper Towns (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Joy (Blu + Digital)

then randomly they had a DVD of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy special on the Boston Red Sox from like 2004, so I got that for the random factor.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Took advantage of Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sale, and got the following limited edition slipcover titles

-Mausoleum $24.99
-The House on Tombstone Hill $22.99
-Dear Dead Delilah $17.99
-Shot $17.99

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Mainly been picking up new 4K stuff but ran into Dollar Tree yesterday to pick up a couple Thank You notes and they were advertising their big special this week being their movies and blu-rays, which means they had a decent restock. Got each of these for $1 a piece:

Beyond the Lights (Blu-ray + Digital)
Black Nativity (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Fault in Our Stars (Little Infinities Extended Edition) (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Hart's War Blu
Hercules: Reborn Blu (straight to video starring WWE'S JOHN MORRISON)
Hitchcock (Blu+DVD+Digital)
King of Comedy Blu
Lazarus Effect (Blu+Digital)
Paper Man Blu
Paris, Je T'Aime Blu
Robocop Unrated Director's Cut (original) (Blu)
Robocop (remake) (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Romancing the Stone Blu

Scooby-Doo Wrestlemania Mystery (DVD)
Necessary Evil: Super Villains of DC Comics (DVD)

I had Necessary Evil already but picked up the $1 DVD to give a buddy of mine who will love it. They had a handful of other Blu-rays they had from last time or I already had or had no interest in. Walter Mitty, Transsiberrean and Glee: THE CONCERT jump out of the top of my head.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Been a while since I've visited this thread. Here's the latest DVD purchases:

- The Big Sleep
- Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter
- Citizen Kane
- DOA: A Right of Passage (Blu-Ray)
- Dracula: The Legacy Collection
- Ghostbusters (Blu-Ray)
- Hardcore
- Machete Kills
- Marathon Man
- Rambo (Blu-Ray)
- Red Heat
- Saturday Night Fever (Blu-Ray)
- To Have & Have Not
- Top Secret!
- The Wanderers

I'd never actually seen Citizen Kane on DVD before and it looks amazing. I can only imagine how it looks on Blu-Ray, but I have yet to find a copy.

DOA is Lech Kowalski's documentary about the Sex Pistols' ill-fated 1978 American tour and it is the first time it has been available on DVD. Most people remember it for the interview segment where Sid Vicious is nodding off on dope the entire time, but there is also some decent show footage and a great video for the Clash's cover of "Police & Thieves."

Ghostbusters looks interesting on Blu-Ray, but the transfer exposes the matte paintings and it takes me out of the movie somewhat. "Look! Ghosts are flying around a painting of the Manhattan skyline!"

My copy of The Wanderers is a 2-disc edition with a "preview cut" that adds about six minutes of edited footage. Although it doesn't add much to the movie, it's still cool to see. I hope most of you have seen The Wanderers by this point - if not, it's a criminally underrated street gang flick that came out at the same time as (and is always overshadowed by) The Warriors. Based on Richard Price's novel and shot like it is taking place in a dream.