PF: Horace Grant
C: David Robinson

Bench:
PG: Terrell Brandon
SG: John Starks/Mario Elie
SF: Derrick McKey/Anthony Mason/Mario Elie
PF: Kevin McHale/Anthony Mason
C: Rasheed Wallace/Kevin McHale

Offense revolves around Penny, Mitch and Robinson. Eddie and Horace fill the gaps with defense and in the case of Eddie Jones, 3 point shooting. I tried to build a squad that can mesh and not get in each other’s way. Penny and Robinson got the two man game going. They complement each other because Robinson isn’t a prototypical post player. The two can play a lot of pick and roll, and Penny can hit him in space. Mitch Richmond is capable of playing with ball dominant point guards named Hardaway. And when the shot clock is about to expire, he’s a player that can take anybody one on one. Horace Grant will allow David Robinson to eat by cleaning the glass and taking on the toughest dude on the opposing frontline, though David himself is one of the best defensive players ever. Grant is also efficient, and can hit the mid range J. He and Eddie will make teams pay for focusing on the big 3. Eddie is a great defensive wing who will also stretch the floor.

Off the bench I got Terrell Brandon for instant offense and penetration. John Starks and Mario Elie for outside shooting and perimeter defense. Anthony Mason brings an all-round game with an emphasis on passing and defense. Kevin McHale for easy buckets and Rasheed Wallace as the consummate team player, providing what needs to be provided (post offense, post defense, glue guy). Derrick McKey is my best defender off the bench. He may end games at times, depending on who is playing small forward for the opposing team.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Gotta give it to BZ again. Just too much size. Shoes doesn't really have a great option for low post scoring, so guys like Robinson and McHale will be able to save their energy for the offensive end, with plenty of spacing if the double comes and ample opportunity for Penny and Mitch to isolate.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I voted BZ but my only worry is that there is no true backup center for Robinson. Grant played the 5 at times but McHale never did, despite his size, although I'm sure he probably would have with anyone but Parish on the team. This is my main concern should he meet OG and Olajuwon or Alf and Shaq. Playing 40+ minutes in a game versus other normal NBA teams is one thing, doing it against All-Star caliber teams with deep rotations is another. Yes, I take dorky things like this into consideration!

Reaction score
If I face those teams, Rasheed, McHale and Grant can matchup with the Davis brothers (backups to Shaq and Hakeem)

Last edited:

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He also has Kevin Duckworth, who wasn't a world beater but was a competent center in his prime and a true seven-footer.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
you're shit talking future opponents like kevin duckworth well it's tied heading to the homestretch that's what you get for being cocky.

@Baby Shoes should get a vote in absentia, imo.

OG

OG
Reaction score
This was a weird one. Man for man, I like Baby Shoes overall roster better. But when putting their starting lineups side by side, I can see clearly how BZ's team would operate in a real game. BS's team feels more jumbled to me, an improved version of the 97 Hornets but without Mase to do the dirty work. Horace Grant will eat up the boards and with Mutombo's limited offence, BZ has options if he wants Robinson to rest or to play McHale extended minutes. BS may get stuck having to sit LJ or Rice for significant amounts which hurts his offence a lot. Also, not having an ideal pick and roll partner for Stockton is a waste in my opinion. Manning might be the best option for that.

Anyways, I really like most players on BS's team but, as a team, I don't think they can handle BZ's squad.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Similar to the last vote, I like the team with the bigger upside, which to me is BZ. Penny/Richmond is a hell of a backcourt to deal with, Grant is a great glue guy, and Robinson is Robinson of course. Baby Shoes has a nice lineup, but I do wonder who's gonna be "the man" in crunch time (Rice I guess).