Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Saturday Night Live

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wish they had started using Dawn Lazarus a long time ago, to only get that bit twice is a travesty.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sasheer Zamata is also leaving.

Vanessa seemed to disappear at times but could be a very good performer in the right settings. I don't really see her being a big star but she'll probably always get work.

Kate didn't do much post election other than Kelly Anne. Also kind of a quiet season for Leslie to be honest

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
Was Kate even in this episode outside of the cold opening?

She was in the rap video, but that was pre taped.

Vanessa's really good at playing the straight man to wacky characters, so she could always find work doing that.

I didn't really notice Sasheer do anything aside from variations of a valley girl character in her three or so seasons.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Be interested where they go with Pete. He's popular with teenagers/stoners but he pretty much sucks as a sketch actor. His stand up is pretty good but he just doesn't seem to fit in on the show. I'm guessing he'll get one more season

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Never quite knew what to make of Vanessa Bayer. She was largely over-shadowed by Wiig during that era, and when Wiig left it was like Kate McKinnon immediately stepped into that role. Bayer has always been solid and has some recurring characters but I also am not sure if there is anything she ever did that felt essential to the show.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd say Vanessa was capable of making me laugh out loud more than anyone else on the show. I just like her delivery of even bad lines. As for Bobby - any time someone has a few big seasons with lots of characters and sketches and then just drops off one season, you know they're gone.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching this season?

Color me unimpressed so far.

I think they're going too far off the deep end with some of the political commentary. It's getting a little less funny and a little more just plain mean. I mean I know those fucks like Trump and Sessions don't really deserve to be treated like human beings but I still want to watch smart political comedy, not them just ripping these guys in such a mean-spirited and unfunny way.

I did like them going after the Democrats in the last episode though. They've done plenty that can be made fun of.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm watching. It's had some solid moments but yep pretty meh. Surprised people loved the Haddish episode so much. Saying the video game sketch might have created the new David S. Pumpkins but I wasn't getting that vibe at all. Solid episode for sure but I wasn't feeling it as much as others apparently.

Have no clue how the Chance the Rapper ep is going to go. Seems like a very random hosting choice.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Same here. It was an okay episode but I'm not getting all the hype so far. As I've said numerous times the show probably has passed me by

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
The Trump administration is so out of this world batshit insane that sometimes it feels different being asked to laugh at them being satirized. It's like "yeah....but the real people are even worse then the characters you are trying to convey"

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I enjoyed quite a bit of the Will Ferrell episode last night. Probably the best of the season. Enough of the weird Will Ferrell stuff that I enjoy.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I didn’t think any sketches were particularly great, but Farrell is just really good on SNL.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure what was up tonight but glitches galore. Could just be a Canada thing but it cut to commercial in the middle of the Nickelodeon sketch.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Goddamn. This week was pretty killer. I don’t find myself watching shows that Sterling K. Brown is a part of. But he’s great. That goddamn Nickleback skit at the end gave me such a dumb laughing fit. And I always like when the Trump brothers show up.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUv59Yu04Y

Easily one of my favorite sketches over the last handful of years. Jason’s enthusiasm was just great.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adam Sandler hosting May 4. Returning to host for the first time since he left the show in 1995

for most this won't mean much but this is pretty huge for me. Has to be huge for anyone my age who's a hardcore SNL fan

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I just hope he does Opera Man and then leaves.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Canteen Boy is very plausible, too. It'll be, like, Trump and Paul Ryan or something, but Canteen Boy.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I flipped on tonight's Adam Sandler ep after watching Your Awarding Winning WWE Network. Michael Che seemed off...his cadence during the news bit sounded like a drunk Brody trying to read something out loud.

Sandler showed up and started screaming. I shut it off. I am old and cranky.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe I'm growing soft with age but I thought it was a fantastic show. The Italy Trip sketch was probably the best of the season. Sandler still has that charisma and stage presence