Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Say you're a closer on a MLB team. What are your top 5 theme song ideas?

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was just messing around on playlist.com, and the idea came to me. I think this could be pretty fun.

Hymn of Fayth - Final Fantasy X
Hell Awaits - Slayer
Our House - Madness
Jordan - Buckethead
Fire - Arthur Brown

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, but if I had to come up with four more, I'd go:

1.Slayer - Raining Blood
2.Immortal - Tyrants (Especially good if I'm playing for the Yankees)
3.Kanye West - Amazing
and this is probably kind of cliche, but Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Immortal is the only one that realistically wouldn't get much play in a stadium, but I'd want just the guitar riff, not the vocals. Also, should this be moved to Music? Or is there not enough of a crossover crowd?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
My top 5 probably... The first is easy to chant along by the crowd too.

The Black Keys "Your Touch"

1: The Black Keys - "Your Touch"
2: The Sonics - "Money" (Beatles Cover)
3: The Yardbirds - "I'm Not Talking"
4: Cream - "Crossroads"
5: My Bloody Valentine - "You Made Me Realise"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Queen - Flash

Did Tom Gordon ever use this as his theme? If not, he totally should have. It's my first choice. Nothing like Queen to get the crowd pumped.

2. Herb Alpert- Rise
3. KISS- God of Thunder (Might be a tad risque for a major league ballpark with all of the talk of robbing of virgin souls but it'd be pretty badass)

Eh, I can really only think of three right now. Might edit in more later.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one's said "The Final Countdown" yet. That'd be mine every day and twice on Sunday. Either that or "Jive Soul Bro."

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In my current game of MLB 09: The Show, my pitcher uses "Time Has Come Today" by the Chambers Brothers as his entrance music when he comes in as a reliever. The cowbell at the beginning would work well in a real life stadium.

Perfxion

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1: "Ready or Not" - The Fugees
2: "Voodoo Child" - Jimi Hendrix
3: "We Fly High" - Jim Jones
4: "Swagga Like Us" -TI & Jay-Z
5: "Bustin Out" - Rick James

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a theme song because I would feel really embarrassed if I came out to "Natural Born Killaz" or "Another One Bites The Dust" or whatever and then got lit up. Yeah, some natural born killa I am, giving up a three-run homer.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd probably do Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Or maybe Baba O'Reilly by the Who.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
chchchchchchczech it out said:
I wouldn't use a theme song because I would feel really embarrassed if I came out to "Natural Born Killaz" or "Another One Bites The Dust" or whatever and then got lit up. Yeah, some natural born killa I am, giving up a three-run homer.
Would you rather be a bum with no music and then get lit up? At least get the crowd hyped up.

I'll also add "Walk" to my potential list since Pantera came up.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Say you're a closer on a MLB team. What are your top 5 theme song ideas?

Ready to Go by Republica. Cemetary Gates by Pantera. Firestarter or Poison by The Prodigy.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
You know, until I figure out what types of pitches I would have, I'm going to avoid listing at this time. Simply because the music better definitely go along the lines of what I can do on the mound. Or at least that's how I feel.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Well, I think I've got the types of songs I would use. Sadly, its not a top five, but I think it would do.

If I was throwing fastball crazy: 4 Seamer, 2 Seamer, Cutter, Slider
I would likely come out to Battery by Metallica, because nearly all those pitchs would be in the 90s (maybe not the slider, but it would still be up there). Reason I'd choose Battery is because my controller wouldn't be good in this situation and I would just throw like no tomorrow. Wouldn't necessarily be wild as in I have no controller, but I would make sure the batters had a difficult time guessing just which pitch would be next.

If I was finesse insane: 4 Seamer, Slider, Change Up, Sweeping Curve
In this situation I would likely choose Go The Distance by Sixto Sounds (A remix of Tales of track, I'll Go). Reason I would choose Go The Distance is because I would use all of my pitches to get people out, so that's why it would be that way.

If I was doing this realistically: Sinker, Change Up, Slider, 12-6 Curve
Cause I can't actually throw on the mound a straight pitch. My fastball always seemed to sink away, so, this would be more how I would pitch. Nothing overpowering, nothing really finesse. Just simple. Therefore we need something that's simplified yet still sounds good. I would probably in this situation, I'd likely go with something battlish and from a video game. I'd choose Red Cap Assault by Ashance (remix of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest's main battle theme).

Yes, I really have played way too much MLB The Show recently. And I've overthought this process way too much.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
the max said:
Benny Hill. Especially if I played for the Natinals.

I was thinking similarly. I'd want to come out all tought and intimidating looking, but a song that really doesn't match to confuse everyone. Like Sunshine Lollipops.