Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Soda thread

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Finally found a 20oz of the dark berry Dr. Pepper. Surprisingly good! Like a very smooth Pitch Black.

Next time I go to KFC I'm going to see if they have the Sweet Lightning flavor.
Liberty Brew releases tomorrow!

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
I'm the only fatso drinking soda left on TSM huh?

Sweet Lightning Mt. Dew tastes like peach rings mixed with mountain dew. Twinge of an aftertaste but it's super minor and not a turnoff.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Anyone taste that new Orange Coke? Does it actually taste like orange soda? Creamsicle? I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I BUY ONE DAMNIT.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried the Orange Vanilla Coke Zero.

It tastes like someone left a creamsicle soaking in the Coke.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's exactly what it sounds like, but I thought it was way too overwhelmingly sweet.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I liked the Orange Vanilla coke, which surprised me a lot. I thought I'd hate it since I'm really peculiar about what I mix with citrus. I don't buy it though, I've been catching "concern" from certain loved ones about all the Surge (and other sugary beverages) I drink so I've been migrating to sugar free stuff.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Honestly, you should just give up soda in general. One of the best decisions I've ever made health-wise. I'll still occasionally try new wacky flavors (such as the aforementioned Orange Coke) but my days of guzzling down a can everyday for lunch are over.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Liberty Brew got delayed but it's finally out and pretty tasty. I can't really place which berry is the overpowering flavor but it's definitely a berry.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
PepsiSplashes_1555983987753-HR.jpg

Finally got to try these (only mango and berry though) as my local Sobey's has them. I feel like they should have alcohol in them, because they remind of those. I honestly like them more than regular Pepsi. If they kept these around, I'd continue to buy them all the time.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
oldskool said:
Liberty Brew got delayed but it's finally out and pretty tasty. I can't really place which berry is the overpowering flavor but it's definitely a berry.

Definitely a strong blue raspberry taste. It actually kind of reminds me of those rainbow sour strips you see at candy stores.

61LPwnDF01L._SX355_.jpg

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
In promotion for the new season of Stranger Things, they've re-released New Coke, a failed Coca-Cola soft drink from the 80s. Haven't had it but I read it's just a sweeter coke. Don't know if I'll try this one.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Are they going to sell it in stores? Last I checked you could only get it online (or special vending machines in select cities) and you had to order a collector's pack for $19.85 that gets you two cans of new Coke, an 8 ounce bottle of Coke with a Stranger Things label, and an 8 ounce bottle of Coke Zero with a Strangers Things label.

I want to try New Coke but not for almost $10 a can.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
THE TUGSTER said:
oldskool said:

Definitely a strong blue raspberry taste. It actually kind of reminds me of those rainbow sour strips you see at candy stores.

61LPwnDF01L._SX355_.jpg

It tastes like I'm drinking a liquified bag of gummy bears.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
If it were available in individual cans/bottles around here, I'd try it. I ain't rolling the dice on a 12-pack, though.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
If it were available in individual cans/bottles around here, I'd try it. I ain't rolling the dice on a 12-pack, though.

Go to most convenience stores and they should have it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Most convenience stores around here don't sell Pepsi products at all. You usually have to go to a supermarket if you drink that stuff.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
So, I finally got a hold of a bottle, but it required me to go where I usually have to go, when I want to stock up on caffeine-free Mountain Dew, and caffeine-free Dr. Pepper. Which is, to say, I had to go three towns over, across the county line, where all the white people moved to, to get away from us.

It's... okay. Not nearly worth the trouble I had to go through to get it.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
They make Watermelon Crush. It tastes like watermelon jolly ranchers. This is not a flavor I want two liters of.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Cinnamon Coke is surprisingly good. It has enough cinnamon to be noticeable but manages to not be overwhelming.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Ginger Sprite appeared in my local supermarket today in both regular and Zero form. They had a deal on 12 packs of all sodas and also had the new Mountain Dew Zero Sugar so I got some to try of both the new zero ones.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I didn’t read the packaging for Sprite Ginger but it still is lemon-lime with ginger, so not Ginger Ale, Roy Wood Jr.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I saw they were selling Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero now. I liked the Cherry, I liked the Vanilla and I really enjoyed the Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper more than I remembered the last time I grabbed a case.

The Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero disappointed me on my first try. We will see if that changes.

On the flip side, that Sprite Zero Ginger really grew on me. Something refreshing about it.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
cherry vanilla coke > orange vanilla coke

Found some Mt. Dew Frostbite, and it's good, but I can't place what it's supposed to taste like.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
oldskool said:
cherry vanilla coke > orange vanilla coke

Found some Mt. Dew Frostbite, and it's good, but I can't place what it's supposed to taste like.

Sadness.