Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Stupid Bullshit - Any and all Discussion of Hinder, Nickelback, etc goes here

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-puddle-of-mudd-frontman-accuses-audience-member-of-stealing-his-house-walks-off-stage/

Wes Scantlin stopped a Puddle of Mudd show to accuse a fan in the crowd of stealing his house. Did you also know he was arrested last month for trespassing and vandalism? Now you do!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm genuinely baffled as to why Puddle of Mudd still gets work. This is like the 4th or 5th time Wes Scantlin's flipped the fuck out and left the stage and the venue had to refund everybody.

You think even the dumbest rock promoters would be like "Huh. Maybe not worth it." But I guess the dumbest rock promoters are pretty fucking dumb.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
The kind of person who would even listen to Puddle of Mudd isn't likely to be particularly bright.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Puddle of Mudd & Buckcherry are up there for bands with the dumbest songs. At least, Nickelback sometimes shows some vague awareness of irony.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Puddle of Mudd opened for Korn years ago and there was some kid, probably around 15, sitting a few rows up from me who knew every word to every song they (Mudd) played. I kind of felt bad for him.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
If that was the MSG show from 2002 then a 16 year old Reine was in attendance in the cheap seats going crazy for Korn's cover of Metallica's "One".

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
13 year old King Kamala was pissed that Mama Kamala wouldn't let him go see KoRn with opening acts Disturbed and Trust Company on that same tour in '02!

In retrospect, I should be relieved I was too young to see any numetal concerts. I did go to a Taste of Chaos tour show with an off prime Deftones headlining in '06 but most of the bill was terrible scream.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Reine said:
If that was the MSG show from 2002 then a 16 year old Reine was in attendance in the cheap seats going crazy for Korn's cover of Metallica's "One".

That was the one, and I loved hearing that live. When they were announced for the Metallica tribute show I knew exactly what they were doing because of that show.

My first concert ever was seeing Korn at Roseland Ballroom in 1996. My mom is an over protective Jewish mother and had to go with me. That was an interesting site, having her go to a Korn show (with rap group The Pharcyde opening). She likes a lot of newer music, at least at the time, so she didn't mind Korn that much. We also went to The Offspring later that year and Family Values. We both ended up getting a contact high at that show.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Reine said:
I still maintain that Buckcherry's "For The Movies" is a great song. Way better than 90% of the lunacy posted in this thread.

"For the Movies" is fucking awesome.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Can we just have a Puddle of Mudd thread?

Wes Scantlin breaks down onstage again but this time, his bandmates abandon him.

http://uproxx.com/music/puddle-of-mudd-singer-meltdown/

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
So, Nickelback released a new song called "Feed the Machine", that is actually getting an overwhelmingly positive response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVU--O29oY

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a bad hard rock song but I kept waiting for a catchy hook since the 'chorus' of the song wasn't doing it for me and the hook never really came. Just a straight ahead rock song although Kroeger's vocals still annoy me.

Even the guitar riff that the song was clearly built around just lacked that necessary catchiness to my ears. Felt like something a Disturbed would throw out around 1999/2000.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chad-kroeger-calls-stone-sour-nickelback-lite-challenges-corey-taylor-to-write-a-hit-song.html

Chad Kroger calls out Corey Taylor and calls Stone Sour "Nickelback Lite". I can't think of a less interesting musical feud.

Laz

Reaction score
In the faux-bravado filled world of mallcore, them's fighting words. Showdown at Mall of America's FYE. $65 a ticket. No re-entry.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/corey-taylor-says-chad-kroeger-is-an-idiot-whos-got-a-face-like-a-foot.html

Taylor fired back. We might need a new thread for this, y'all!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/icp-fred-durst-dropkick/

Uh oh, Limp Bizkit and ICP have beef, ya'll.

Fred Durst almost got dropkicked by one half of ICP at a recent concert.

Laz

Reaction score
The video of Shaggy botching the drop kick is even funnier when you remember Fred Durst no-sold it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just found out my friend's band is opening up for Collective Soul in a few weeks. 8)

I would argue that they were slightly before and marginally better than the bands ITT but they definitely still qualify as butt rock IMO.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.stereogum.com/2059492/creed-human-clay-scott-stapp/franchises/the-anniversary/
This article on the 20th Anniversary of Creed's Human Clay starts with the author getting punched in the face for making fun of someone for comparing Creed to Led Zeppelin. It rocks IIRC.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail informing me that Nickelback is touring this summer celebrating the 15th anniversary of one of their albums. What made me do a double take though is that STP is opening.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even give STP's staggering streak of horrible luck in the past decade (mostly their most notable member being dead then his famous replacement also dying), it seems like they deserve better than playing second fiddle to Nickelback.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When did the frontman for 3 Doors Down turn into Michael Shannon?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Looks more like Norman Reedus to me.

I still maintain that the first 3DD record was one of the last good mainstream rock albums ("Loser" is a damn good rock radio track) HOWEVER the band has always waved the banner of MAGA chud nonsense (they ARE from Mississippi after all) so this isn't surprising.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score