Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Suicide Squad 2

Staff member
Reaction score

Alright, I gotta admit this cast and choice in characters got my interest.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
That's one hell of a cast. I'm intrigued. Nathan Fillion cinched it for me, dude's fantastic and deserves bigger roles.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
was already marking at elba and fillion when CENA came up and I lost it.

Only thing that didn't feel like Suicide Squad in that was they only used one song in the trailer instead of 15.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it could be a fun romp if they keep those awful trailer editors away from this one this time.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s a bad excuse. This has a completely different creative team and looks way more entertaining from first movie’s trailer. Gunn‘s fingerprints of his twisted sense of humor is all over this trailer. I’m looking forward to this more now.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I also have to say I was really surprised to see Starro. Since Stallone was revealed as King Shark’s voice, which people were speculating was Taika Waititi’s mystery role, I am wondering if he will be Starro.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
It was an absolutely fun romp with James Gunn's fingerprints all over the very black humor, character interactions, and directing. If you liked Guardians of the Galaxy this felt like Gunn's doing a black comedy DC variant of that movie. 8/10

To its credit, the characterization of the original SS characters (Harley, Flag, Waller) never felt different so it felt more like a side comic story type of relationship. Also, John Cena was fun, loved the backstory inclusions for Ratcatcher/Bloodsport deepening their relationship, and King Shark was a good comedic centerpiece.

Also a random bonus on HBO Max streaming at the same time is being able to watch with subtitles :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SFH

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
That was as fun time.

Cena was great in his roll. Idris can do no wrong. Margot is getting better at Harley the more she plays her. Ratcatcher was super charming. I’ve always liked Joel Kinnaman. King Shark was cool. Hell, Polka Dot Man was a lot of fun.

I feel like the only bummer was Capaldi’s The Thinker as a being kinda *shrug* here. He wasn’t given much to do as an actor, and neither was the character.

Peacemaker had a visual kill scene that was far, and away the funniest part of the movie for me.

Last edited:

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seems fun. I'll enjoy it for sure.
I did enjoy it, for sure. Can't point to one favorite part over another and I loved the entire cast. Actress that played Rat Catcher had me convinced I'd seen her in something else only to find out this is her first USA movie. I checked Twitter/Google to see if anyone had a similar "looks like" thought but nothing that clicked for me to agree.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
This honestly might be the best of this kind of movie I've seen since "Logan", and the best DC movie since "The Dark Knight". Among many other things, I love that this is a movie that fully embraces the fact that at their best, comic books can be really creative and weird. Why not make the movies the same way.

Also, Sebastian the rat 4 life.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
saw it and really enjoyed it. didn't think it was in the ranks of the absolute best capeshit but it was certainly the best DC movie since the Nolan movies that I can think of.