Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Taylor Swift

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Usually it's Ray Combs or Nathan Lane (specifically Lion King) if I'm being honest.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
throwback-of-taylor-swift-playing-with-a-cm-punk-action-v0-k7lrj711club1.jpg

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Swiftie cult is frightening and she is a terrible role model.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Listened to 1989 (Taylor's Version and it was pretty good. I Know Places remains my favorite track of hers, period (the stuff she does with her vocals showing a major difference in style is a huge point for me) but I appreciated songs like Welcome to New York, Style, and Wonderland more. Shake It Off was way more of a banger than I thought upon 1st listen and may be my 2nd favorite song on the album rivaling Blank Space & WtNY.

Slut! will probably get the most discussion but I actually thought Say Don't Go (why was THIS not on the original?!?) and Now That We Don't Talk were the best on the 'From the Vault' tracks with SDG being really damn strong.

I still really don't like Out of the Woods (something about that chorus, maybe it goes too fast? It just doesn't jive together for me) and a lot of the songs like All You Had to Do Was Stay, How You Get the Girl, and New Romantics just feel so middling and unmemorable to me afterwards.

Top 5 Songs: I Know Places; Shake It Off; Blank Space; Welcome to New York; Say Don't Go

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Generally fine with ignoring the existence of Taylor Swift but the promotional push for this new one is really making me think way more about her than I'd like.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The album title is awful, however my accidentally getting it mixed up with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy has led to some quality interactions.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Coworkers were goofing on the insipid lyrics today. It was refreshing.