Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Batman

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw this at my neighborhood two-screen indie, which often as pre-show entertainment offers programming that ties into the main event. Here it was a clip job of every time Frank Gorshin's Riddler appeared in the Adam West-era Batman.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well that clarifies a lot about the Joker in this timeline/universe. They were right to leave it out but I really like the interaction for the most part. It again plays into Batman being more of a detective and also Batman/Joker having more of a relationship than they usually do in the movies.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I liked it, but like others, thought it a bit too long. I thought everything after the Riddler's capture wasn't necessary. Too over the top, maybe? But that goes along with most Batman movies. All in all, I enjoyed it.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In that I like Batman as a character at all, I prefer him to be a fascist psycho (which the Nolan movies, for whatever their faults, leaned into) and not this current interpretation, where the film has the Good Politics what with the newly-elected Gotham mayor being an AOC stand-in and the Riddler's followers being January 6th MAGA chuds. Just completely heavy-handed liberal wankery.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sad it's delayed but smart on the studios part. 2025 is already going to be loaded with sequels (Megan 2.0, Zootopia 2), superhero movies, Jurassic City, and Avatar 3 + Wicked Part Two.

At some point a studio has to simply separate all these big titles otherwise you run into the MI: Dead Reckoning situation where it just gets completely glossed over.

Dandy

Reaction score
With all the delays on the first film and now this one, I can’t help but feel like it will be eight years for two movies and you risk cast members dying at the worst and looking drastically older at the least just to get to a third movie. I was hoping for four to five movies from the same cast and crew but it has just had the worst luck.