Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

More on the Thieves guild DLC: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/10506/Elder-Scrolls-Online-More-on-the-Thieves-Guild-DLC-with-Rich-Lambert.html

Some notes...

• Maw of Lorkhaj (12 player trial) will scale like dungeons do

• added in more criminal activities into the justice system:
---> Trespassing: "Certain locations in Abah’s Landing are off-limits where just being seen there is considered a criminal act. These locations are accessible via clearly labeled entrances that make it clear you will be trespassing. While doing so, the on screen justice indicator will notify you of your illicit status."
---> Criminal Mischief: "(forgery, vandalism, etc) While you are on quests or exploring Hew’s Bane these actions will be highlighted in red before performing them to indicate their criminal implications. Being witnessed performing criminal mischief will incur bounty, just as with other crimes."
---> Bounty Pardons: Thieves Guild may reward members with documentation which conveniently erases some of your accrued bounty.

• Thief skill line: make it easier it is to be a successful thief. Example, Clemency: "the ability to sweet talk your way out of being arrested by a guard for a limited amount of time."

• Re: other alliances/VR1 - "Once a player hits VR1, they automatically unlock access to the other two alliances worth of content and you can progress through them in any order you wish. When you finally do meet up with Cadwell and receive the Silver/Gold questline, any progress you already made towards its completion is automatically updated."*
---> Cadwell’s silver/gold quest rewards have been improved significantly

Kiiiinda hyped!

* - if anyone isn't familiar with this, once you complete the main story for your chosen alliance (and hit VR1), you are given access to the other alliances (it's explained, in-story, how you're able to do this without being attacked, but I won't spoil it) so you can basically experience their main stories and side quests + gain all of their related achievements on a single character. Right now it's predetermined which alliance gets opened up first once you hit that level, with the final alliance not opening until you finish the second alliances story.. but after the update, both alliances will be open and you can do them in any order you choose.

It actually adds a ton of replayability to the game.. I started with the Pact and now I am doing the Covenant quests and it's really interesting to see how much of a difference there is in the alliance specific quests.. I figured they would all just be "reskinned" versions of the same quests, but they're mostly completely different.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I've just moved to a new map which is Coldharbour. I'm going to assume this is the final area for my alliance quest line.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Correct! It's actually a really fun zone!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm about to "beat" the game then. Guess I'll have to start a new character. Or move on to a new game. ....

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Well...

Empty Fossil of the New Scene said:
once you complete the main story for your chosen alliance (and hit VR1), you are given access to the other alliances (it's explained, in-story, how you're able to do this without being attacked, but I won't spoil it) so you can basically experience their main stories and side quests + gain all of their related achievements on a single character.

Also: the Orsinium DLC is huge, if you haven't gotten that yet.. I highly recommend it.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I actually have just finished Orsinium.

But I really need to shelve this and play WWE 2K16 and Fallout 4.

Plus I'm kind of tired of playing the same character.....but I wasn't really interested in whatever alliance you're a Nord for so maybe I'll do those quests.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So I'm in the last area. I've rescued the Ayleid King and the mage. It says I can proceed to the end of the game or go rescue other people. Does rescuing more people improve my odds during the end fight?

Do I need to do the Prophet stuff before I finish my alliance quest? Or do I finish the alliance quest stuff first?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:
So I'm in the last area. I've rescued the Ayleid King and the mage. It says I can proceed to the end of the game or go rescue other people. Does rescuing more people improve my odds during the end fight?

Do I need to do the Prophet stuff before I finish my alliance quest? Or do I finish the alliance quest stuff first?

-rescuing more people brings more help for the final fight and it also populates the Hollow City with more people and possibly vendors. I recommend looking up the quest lines on this site to make sure you get them all, as some can be easily missed: http://dulfy.net/2014/04/15/eso-coldharbour-quest-guide/

-the Prophet stuff is loosely connected to your alliance stuff, but I think you can do them in any order. If I remember correctly, I did half of the Prophet stuff and then my alliance stuff fully, and then back to the Prophet.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I finally beat the alliance quest and the prophet storyline. Then I got transported to another alliance.

I'm not sure I want to play through that Alliance storyline as my verteran rank level 1 Orc. I kind of want to play as a new character. But if I were to, do I go through the alliance quests being insanely overpowered and destroying everything in my path?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

No, it's scaled to Veteran rank. The first zone will be vet rank 1, and it'll go up to the 5th zone being vet rank 5. Then the third alliance will start at vet rank 6.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQNbwmwm6xI

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Hail Sithis!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXtW-atR_l8

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Lots of game-altering changes coming this fall!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel

ONE TAMRIEL

One Tamriel arrives with Update 12 on the PTS early next week and live this October, and ESO will never be the same. With One Tamriel, the game content in ESO will no longer be gated by your character's level. Right out of the tutorial you'll have the freedom to go anywhere in Tamriel and play any content, in any order, just like other Elder Scrolls games. Our unique battle-leveling system will automatically scale and balance your character to the content, no matter where you go!

Finding or forming a group will be easier than ever since we're also lifting the alliance restrictions in open world zones. (Of course, PvP areas will still be alliance-based.) This means you'll be able to group with anyone, from any alliance, at any time. High-level players will even be able to group with friends who are new to ESO; anyone below Champion 160 will scale so everyone can adventure together. If you prefer to adventure alone, that's ok too. Every zone has been modified to add world bosses and ensure a mixture of content for solo and group play is available, and all of our dungeons now offer both Normal and Veteran modes, so there will always be something for you, no matter what your play style might be!

CRAGLORN

Craglorn, which was originally introduced in 2014 as a group-focused Adventure Zone, is being re-designed so it will no longer require a group to play. Now you'll find that all the main story quests can be completed solo, and the remaining group content can be completed with as little as two players. We want to make sure you can have fun in the zone by yourself, but if you choose, it's also your go-to destination for exciting group content!

ITEMIZATION

For One Tamriel, we've standardized itemization and rewards in all zones, so they feel more like the items you currently receive from DLC game packs. Item sets will now be tied to specific zones and dungeons, and they'll automatically be scaled to your level. Veteran mode dungeons will now guarantee Monster Mask rewards, and new, streamlined Undaunted Pledges will be available to players up to 3 times per day, offering Monster Masks and other exciting rewards. We'll explain all the itemization changes in more detail in the coming weeks.

DUELING

Another highly-anticipated feature we're introducing in Update 12 is the ability to challenge another player to a duel! Test your PvP skills against your friends, or try out new builds before diving into battle in Cyrodiil or a dungeon. We'll be giving you more information on our dueling system next week at PAX West 2016.

HOLIDAY EVENTS

Holiday celebrations are coming to Tamriel, and you're invited! Beginning this fall, you'll be able to celebrate some of Tamriel's most exciting holidays with your friends and receive special rewards! We'll kick things off with the Witches Festival in October, and wrap up the year with the New Life Festival. Check back for more details as we get closer to each event!

CROWN CRATES

Toward the end of November, we'll be giving you a chance to receive some very special items with the introduction of Crown Crates. These Crates, available in the Crown Store for just 400 crowns, will contain a randomized selection of useful consumables, and offer a chance to obtain rare and unique cosmetic items or mounts, including some previously-retired mounts, costumes, pets, and limited-time offers that are no longer available in the Crown Store. Crates will have different themes throughout the year, giving you the chance to obtain new, extremely rare items.

In the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own, you'll be awarded special Crown Gems in its place. These Gems can be used to purchase other collectible items from the current Crown Crate season that you'd prefer to have instead.

All the content in Update 12, including One Tamriel, will be free for all players. And remember, this September will be the perfect time for new players to jump into the game with the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition. This new product includes the base game in addition to our first four DLC game packs: Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood. If you already own ESO, we'll be offering the Guilds and Glory DLC bundle in the in-game Crown Store so you can purchase these DLC game packs at just 5500 crowns.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

ESO is also going 4K for PS4 Pro (and "increased graphical fidelity" for those on a 1080p TV with a PS4 Pro):

"Last night at the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro announcement event in New York City, it was revealed that The Elder Scrolls Online will be one of the first games to support the new Sony PlayStation 4 Pro. When the PS4 Pro launches on November 10, you’ll be able to play ESO immediately in native 4K resolution! If you play ESO on PlayStation 4 Pro with a 1080p HD television, you will experience increased graphical fidelity; if you use a 4K monitor, the game will automatically run in 4K."

https://youtu.be/qQtfV0rknwg

(This video won't mean shit if you don't have a 4K TV or monitor.)

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Morrowind Expansion announced for June 6, 2017!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5xst39v8wE

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/01/31/morrowind-coming-to-the-elder-scrolls-online-release-date-announced

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will take place 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III and will include the same “key points of interest” found in that version of Morrowind, allowing players to visit Vvardenfell, Seyda Neen, the Ashlands, an under-construction Vivec City, and more.

Morrowind will also include a new class, the Warden, allowing players to “harness nature-based magic” and including a new combat ally, the War Bear. The expansion will also include Battlegrounds, a new 4 vs. 4 vs. 4 PvP mode.

Bethesda will offer a number of ways to purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, including a physical or digital standard edition for $59.99. Existing players will be able to unlock Morrowind content for $39.99. A Digital Collector’s Edition will also be available for $79.99 (or $59.99 for existing players who want to upgrade), which includes a grey War Bear for the Warden, an armored War Horse, a Dwarden Spider pet, a Morag Tong converter, and exclusive character emotes.

A physical Collector’s Edition will also be available for $99.99 on all platforms. In addition to a copy of the game, the set includes a 12-inch Dwarven Colossus statue, a Nayru’s Journal art book featuring concept art, a map of Morrowind, and a special metallic case.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/31/14452658/elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-expansion-release-date-price

The Elder Scrolls Online is getting a massive new update. Called The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, developer ZeniMax Online Studios says it features more than 30 hours of gameplay and the addition of the largest geographic zone since its launch in 2014.

Thanks to a sweeping gameplay revision issued earlier this year, new players can start the game and move directly into the Morrowind expansion, which takes place largely on the island of Vvardenfell, without having to complete any legacy content. The update launches simultaneously for Windows PC and Mac, as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, on June 6.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Also, in case anyone missed it, player housing is coming to ESO in Feb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LKTAXllNPg

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLExrWz69vY

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Are you telling me I'm going to have to break this game back out?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

30+ hours for the Morrowind story apparently. O_O

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

*burns all other games he owns*

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:

*burns all other games he owns*
Apparently Morrowind is a "starter zone" as well.. meaning that if you start a new character, you can choose which path to start out on.. either right away with the wailing prison/Molog Bal stuff or on the Morrowind track. Pretty cool. I may do that with a new roll just to try out the Warden class, as well.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Oh man. I was going to try to jump in soon on a new track. This would really freshen it up.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

How does starting in Morrowwind affect the rest of the game? Or is there not much difference?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I just read about One Tamriel. I'm not sure I like it. I liked the wonder of having to level and the linear nature of going from zone to zone.
Now apparently I can go wherever I want and to whatever faction I want right off the bat.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah, it's actually great and makes it a lot more like the other TES games, tbh.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I dunno. I'm not a huge MMO guy so I liked the idea of having to progress through the game. Plus there's the excitement of not being able to go to other faction's areas until you actually beat the game.

It just kind of loses something for me if I can start out in one alliance and immediately warp to the last zone of another alliance and it scales to my level.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

ESO is free to play from April 11 to 18 on all platforms! Look for it in the demos or free trials section on XBO or PS4.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:
It just kind of loses something for me if I can start out in one alliance and immediately warp to the last zone of another alliance and it scales to my level.
I think for this you have to let go of that notion that areas are "last zones" - think more about where the quests go and no necessarily that The Rift is the highest level place for the Pact. Once you let that go and treat it more like a traditional Elder Scrolls game you'll have a lot more fun, I think. :)

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:
I think for this you have to let go of that notion that areas are "last zones" - think more about where the quests go and no necessarily that The Rift is the highest level place for the Pact. Once you let that go and treat it more like a traditional Elder Scrolls game you'll have a lot more fun, I think. :)

I think I'll just play and pretend I can't warp to wherever I want to go. Just treat it like the last time I played through.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Warden class trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3w4WDnSodE