Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Funko POP thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Who else here has some of these?

I resisted for the longest time but maybe a year or two back I got a Finn Balor and a Razor Ramon cheap on Amazon and I've picked up a few when I find them at a good price here and there.

At first I felt silly paying the $10-$12 most of them fetch and only picked things up when I've found them really cheap (Finn was a damaged box one for like $2 on Amazon when I got him). I still mostly buy markdown and sales but I paid full price for the new Amazon exclusive "U Can't See Me" John Cena which is invisible.

71duFF4bvgL._SL1500_-1024x1024.jpg

I also came across an exclusive from a little bit back, Venomized Loki, which I paid maybe double retail for but am seeing them mostly sell for triple retail

7126Vn5dAvL._SL1500_.jpg

I recently saw the Spider-Ham that I wanted but passed on getting back in the fall is going for over $30 these days and ended up picking up a few.

Will post more on my collection of these later as we see if anyone else gets involved or if this is just a thread of me talking to myself.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’m too deep into it these days. Never thought I’d get wrapped up in this. I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I bought a set of the New Day that was exclusive to Toys 'R Us before they closed.

I went to WonderCon this year and saw that everything has a Funko nowadays.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looks like at current count I'm at around 107 or so, not counting Rock Candy, Mystery Minis, Keychains, and other such non-standard figures. I've mostly stopped buying them, mainly due to a lack of space to put them. The only ones I have purchased in the last few months are Mister Rogers, the Unmasked variant of Gwenpool, and the Marvel/Capcom two-pack of Chun Li/Captain Marvel (on clearance because I wanted the Captain Marvel but didn't want to pay full price).

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Never got into them. I have a few that I've got as gifts (Star Wars and Stranger Things related) but nothing resembling a collection. The only set I would be interested in buying are the Bill & Ted ones.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
A buddy of mine told me he had gotten the Free Comic Book Day Limited Edition Constantine from his local comic shop. Believe I read that was limited to 20,000 pieces. I have been asking others if they open them or leave them in box.

Due to buying the damaged box ones, I open most of them but have left a few in box if they were the rarer ones, for now. This is what I have.

Opened:
Finn Balor
Razor Ramon
New Day FYE Exclusive with Booty O's (Kofi has a bowl of cereal and Woods/E both have boxes of Booty O's)
Emperor Claptrap (Borderlands)
Jafar as Genie
Robin (DC Super Heroes)
HHH
Baloo (Talespin - Target Flocked Exclusive)

Still in packaging:
John Cena (Amazon Exclusive Invisible)
Zack Ryder (Convention Exclusive)
Ric Flair (WWE 2K19 Woo! Edition exclusive)
Rocket (Avengers Endgame Quantum Suit Wal-mart Exclusive)
Batman (80th Anniversary First Appearance)
Million Dollar Man (nothing special wtih this one - just never opened it)
Mookie Betts Boston Red Sox
Thanos Avengers Endgame Target Exclusive 10 inch
Ant-Man (Ant-Man & The Wasp)
Giant Man (Amazon Exclusive 10-inch)
Ronin (Avengers Endgame Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Prince Akeem - McDowell's (Coming to America - Target Exclusive)

Loki stays in the package when he shows up. I got the Infinity War Captain American & Black Widow cheap on the way, which will probably get opened. Ordered a few other things online the last few days and I have to start thinking of how to best display than the stray stuff I have now.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't have any, but I've seen them on shelves and I always thought it was neat how they had all of these obscure characters that never get merchandise otherwise.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I mostly collect the 8 bit Pops, but have branched out into some other lines. I have all 6 chrome Wal-Mart Thanos variations, and some assorted horror pops. Probably 35 or so in total.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
My brother got me He-Man, Skeletor and Orko at a comic con as a gift.

That's all I have

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of these but do have the classic Harley Quinn. I want the BTAS Poison Ivy but I'm also not paying $20+ if I can help it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Went down a serious rabbit hole with these. I ran into some of the store exclusives that can fetch a little money so I started going down the path of what I want versus what can help the collection and I am all over the place.

I had gone to a Target and found a new Toy Story 4 Target exclusive that is running for double the price online so I got one for me and one to hang on to. In the background I saw a few Target exclusive Captain Marvel. Grabbed one, found out later that one goes for over double the price already and rising. I didn't think to look while I was there but I go back another day and they are gone.
This is a dangerous game.

GameStop is having a sale for their Pro Day today and I find out they have a "Saturday Morning Cartoon Mystery Box" on sale for pro day that really has mystery and exclusive Disney Afternoon characters so now I want to check that out because I find all the random characters too appealing to pass up.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Which of the Toy Story Target exclusives has shot up on eBay? Need to go look at my local store before having to go that route.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Toy Story 4 Target exclusive right now is a Flocked version of the new Bunny character. Haven’t checked recently though if he’s still up because some go up and down quickly. Spider-man Far From Home has some store exclusives going high for a few days before most stores got their shipment and they came down to earth since.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I didn't really like or understand why it seemed all the Marvel ones I got were bobbleheads as I preferred their normal style. Plus I had gotten a cheap Black Bolt-Lockjaw two-pack and Blackbolt's head was kinda wonky from the bobble mechanism getting put on lopsided (which I did actually fix).

I found out in all this stuff I ended up reading about these that Marvel and Star Wars both had issues due licensing rights originally. Due to Funko starting as a bobblehead company and previous rights deals, Marvel and Star Wars were able to be worked into being POPs by being bobbleheads.

I've been able to pick up most of the recent exclusive things that I found interesting, coming across the Hot Topic MuuMuu style Homer Simpson and the Wal-Mart Glow in the Dark Spider-man Far From Home Mysterio I wanted - thougb I've started keeping these boxed and the couple Mysterios left at Wal-Mart were in boxes that were very beatdown. This felt like one I would get two - one to open to one to keep in box. Homer was tricky because the store closest to my work had the employees tell me one of the other employees bought their entire shipment. Checking multiple Wal-Marts, stumbled into those couple Mysterios.

I do recognize that the reason I stayed away from these original was a good idea from me. There are so many obscure, weird things that I can branch out too many ways and enough of them are cheap enough that I don't talk myself out of getting some of these often enough.

Read a lot of people disappointed with the reveals of the special San Diego Comic Con releases which will become exclusives to different retailers to the point people are claiming this is the death of the product. I think it may have gotten to the point where people who are trying to make money off of most of these will all be for nothing but it will still have a steady collector base.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Marvel and Star Wars are bobble-headed over licensing issues. No one likes them that way.

I’ve cut the lines I’m collecting down to Game of Thrones, horror, stranger things, Buffy, and a handful of stray smaller sets.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
A couple special "Only at Target" Releases today:

A special Spider-man: Far From Home that is a little lazy. They already released a "Stealth Suit Spider-man". Target is getting an exclusive "Goggles Up" version today.

For the American History line, they are getting Abraham Lincoln, Rosie the Riveter and Uncle Sam.

They also are doing a 10-inch Spongebob.

Spongebob was still available online but the other four sold out quickly. I have an eye doctor appointment today not far from a Target, so I may swing in and see what I see. I'd probably pick up any of those (except the Spongebob right now), didn't think any would be difficult to get.

I had seen they were supposed to get an exclusive Jim Henson with Ernie today (the standard release will be with Kermit) but not seeing anything about it being released or delayed.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Marvel and Star Wars are bobble-headed over licensing issues. No one likes them that way.

I’ve cut the lines I’m collecting down to Game of Thrones, horror, stranger things, Buffy, and a handful of stray smaller sets.

I think the smaller lines are the way to go. I've gotten just a hodgepodge of stuff that interests me, which then goes down a windy road of getting too much. For me, at least. Justification to finish this set or that set.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins went through that Funko HQ store in Washington and put the video on their Youtube page for their toy podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFUX4QM__8

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had thought the Nacho Libre one of these was cool and thought the masked Chase variant would be neat. Amazon had him for like $8.78 yesterday so I decided to take a gamble and order two. They did one day shipping with my Prime, cool. Package shows up today and sure enough got one normal and one chase, so I was stoked. The box of the regular was smashed like crazy. There was a little dent in the chase plastic but I popped it out, barely noticeable. Deciding whether I complain or not but very happy with the outcome.

That is actually my third chase I've gotten. The other two came from mystery boxes. I got Gamestop's Saturday Morning Cartoon box and pulled a Monterey Jack from Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers Chase where he is hypnotized by the cheese. Had also ordered the Hot Topic exclusive Lion King boxes with the BE PREPARED Scar and got the Chase Variant in that one too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
https://www.funko.com/craftmin/products/42122_18inch_DC_ClassicBatman_POP_GLAM_WEB.png

Assume this is the cap to the Batman 80th Anniversary stuff - though it isn't getting released until 2020 when the anniversary has passed. The current big Pops are 10" so this will be significantly bigger than those and priced at $99.99. I like it but I feel like I should risk waiting for markdown.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Had received some of those Hot Topic Hot Cash after getting some AEW stuff and although I calmed down on Pops, decided to use the heavy discount (each certificate was $15 off of $30) to pre-order their exclusive Venomized Green Goblin and most of the new WWE Pops. I say most as the new Thuganomics Cena was not listed at time of my purchase - so I got Miz, Diesel, Mean Gene and Naomi.

Lucked out as when they arrived, my Naomi ended up being the Glow in the Dark Chase, which was a really cool surprise.