Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Prime Time Animation Thread - Past and Present

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
For all your vintage Flintstones discussion. Winston's tastes good like a cigarette should!

If you wish to be more current, this is where we can rap about the current going on's of all your favourite animated comedies, past and present. If that means this devolves into 40 pages of Simpsons quotes, so be it.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Does Duckman count as primetime? I'm thinking not since I remember it coming on at 7:30 and I think primetime starts at 8, but it's close. What the hell are you starin' at?

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I said Prime Time to denote this wasn't about Ducktales and what have you, but we can talk about that too!

I remember talk of a Duckman PS1 game but I guess it never reached fruition. I'm sure it would have sucked.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have still bought it. They released a Duckman PC game but I guess it's fairly rare and expense. If I had a job I might track down a copy, though I'm sure it's a bitch to run on modern machines. I've heard it's decent though.

As for the show the entire series is available on two dvd sets, so I highly recommend them to everybody. I thought the first two seasons for the $35 I paid was a good deal for the 22 episodes, since that's about what I pay for 22-24 episode single seasons of other half an hour shows. Then they put out seasons 3 and 4 together which is like 48 episodes and it was still the same $35. Deal of the century. Buy it, buy it now!

You thrust your pelvis, HUH!

King Cucaracha

King Cucaracha
Reaction score
Just bought the latest two Futurama feature lengths.

Bender's Game was somewhat disappointing and the first half seemed kinda rushed, or badly paced. Wild Green Yonder was much better though. Much better plot and pacing. Bender's a much more useful character on the periphary, when he's the character steering the plot you lose something.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Bumped because I read this article

And I forgot how many one and done adult animated series there are-and how many aired on Adult Swim in the early days. Wanna talk about em?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I remember Sit Down & Shut Up getting so much hype from Arrested Development fans. This was around the time everybody started realizing just how great of a show it was and eagerly awaited what else Mitchell Huritz had up his sleeve. I think I watched the first episode and that was it. Looks like everyone else followed suit.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Bumped because I read this article

And I forgot how many one and done adult animated series there are-and how many aired on Adult Swim in the early days. Wanna talk about em?
I was very interested in Capitol Critters as a kid, but I don't remember anything about it now.

Mission Hill, Baby Blues, and The Oblongs were all good during the Adult Swim era. Mission Hill still holds up as of a couple of years ago. Never revisited the rest.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For some reason I remember 12 year old me being excited for God, The Devil, and Bob. Then I watched it.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I was very interested in Capitol Critters as a kid, but I don't remember anything about it now.

Mission Hill, Baby Blues, and The Oblongs were all good during the Adult Swim era. Mission Hill still holds up as of a couple of years ago. Never revisited the rest.
I never saw Capitol Critters. I was aware of the Fish Cops show when I was a kid, but I never bothered to watch it. Mission Hill and The Oblongs were funny, Baby Blues was...whatever. It wasn't all that bad really, but little about it was memorable.

Who is driving? BEAR IS DRIVING! How can that be?
Clerks: The Animated series will always be the best thing Kevin Smith has done.