Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Week in Baseball 4/5 - 4/12

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Jorge Julio drilled Reed Johnson because he made a nice catch? That is so awesome.

Baseball needs more shit like that.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agree to disagree, friend. Milwaukee really didn't need more people on base at that (or any other) point of the game.

Reed Johnson is a shithead, though.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was at the game, and Julio's command wasn't exactly spot on. It wouldn't surprise me if him hitting Johnson wasn't a simple mistake. Still, I cheered when it happened.

Yeah, and I'm done with Suppan. He's something like 0-8 with a 10.00+ ERA since Labor Day '08. Just killing our bullpen, and not even "eating innings." Melvin is going to have to pick someone up sooner than later if the Brewers are going to compete again, because there's no one in the bullpen that will realistically be better, and we don't have anyone decent at AAA right now.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
It almost certainly wasn't intentional. The Brewers' control was completely off as they walked ten batters. They were down by two, and they hit Johnson with first base occupied. To hit a batter intentionally in that situation would be ass-backwards baseball of the highest order.